Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 31-01-20

4 years 2 months ago #81008 by yankeedawg1
From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 31-01-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Big welcome to Daijun Edwards — 4 * RB who has committed to the 2020 recruiting class…. This moves us to the #1 class for 2020..

With the possibility of adding more on NSD this coming Wednesday….. more importantly he is a talent with a skillset that matches the direction of

Our new offense …. Quality depth in the RB room….. waiting to gain game experience .. huge bonus…. Moving forward ….

April 18th will be our G-Game…. Spring practice starts late March …. Again don’t expect to see more than extremely vanilla plays….

Then if all goes well Mathis will be cleared for full contact and can resume his college football career…. He can really benefit from Jamie’s experience …

Discussion has started within the athletics department and our AD about allowing beer sales at Sanford. I am sure Scrooge is looking at this as another

revenue stream…. Speaking of which.. the SEC announced a record 651 million dollars total for the conference or 44.6 million per school .

Does not include ticket or merchandise sales….. truly a Golden Goose…. And the money does support all sports at Georgia ….

Players hard at it in the weight room….. running and more running both in the IPF and outdoors… weather has been mild and mostly dry this week…

I had coffee yesterday with a 30 plus year resident of Athens and a big Dawg fan.. His take is …. Before Jamie or whoever is our QB takes a game snap

many hours of practice….Will be forthcoming ….. practice will be a learning experience for players and coaches…..

Yes we will still run the ball…. But how we develop the rest of our offense will be the focus…..his conclusion ….that even our run

package will look different …. He sights new OL Coach desire to have more agile linemen…. Makes sense to me….

On to February ,,,,,

Pause and give thanks…

Have a safe weekend and a great week….

As always “ Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds