Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 17-01-20

4 years 3 months ago #80901 by yankeedawg1
From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 17-01-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,
It has been a whirlwind two weeks after our Sugar Bowl win…
Coach Sam gets his opportunity to be a HC at Arkansas

We hire Matt Luke as our new OL coach… who is a well liked and respected coach….. he brings another mind and knowledge about coaching offense onboard…

IMHO… both Luke and Coley showed compatibly in our Sugar Bowl victory…. Coach Coley called a good game and used the available talent.

Cade Mays leaves for the land of pumpkin people…. His Dad is suing
UGA because he failed to read the safety precautions on using a folding chair….. this has a bazaar made for TV movie feel ….

Fromm takes his game to the NFL ….. and a host of experience on defense will return for their senior year…..we will have a beast defense in 2020…..

We found nuggets in the graduate transfer field…. Solid experience at QB and TE….. both have joined our program….

I understand that guarded optimism is called for… but we will have a

A vastly different set of offensive tools available come fall…

And the choir sang …..but will Coley and the HC use them???…..

Excellent question….. one I don’t think we will have the complete answer

to until September 19th in Tuscaloosa….. in game three …. HC keeps his cards close to the vest……

Back in the Kool-aid days of CMR.…. I rememberer NC_Dawg making the comment about rearranging the deck chairs….as not being a new offense …… me thinks what CKS has in mind will be more than putting lipstick on said swine…..

Congratulations to our Mens Basket ball team.... big we over Tennessee ..

Beat the pumpkin people in football and basketball ..... well done Dawgs

Greg I sincerely hope the New Year finds you and the Posse doing well

Pause and give thanks…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #80902 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 17-01-20
So after Matt Rhule left Baylor, he hired Joe Brady as the Panthers offensive coordinator, then Baylor hired Dave Aranda as its head coach, and LSU lost two of its coaches.

Would add to that clip above that I plucked from the internet . . . . also losing Joe Burrows to the NFL. Going to be very interesting to me the way LSU performs in 2020 with the departure of Joe Brady and Dave Aranda. Both coaches changed the way LSU had played football for many years. Team loaded up, dressed out and handed Alabama a loss on their field, not an easy accomplishment in recent years. If LSU is again as successful in 2020 as they were in 2019, it will surprise me a little. LSU has a good depth chart and they have that thing referred to as "MO" working for them. Momentum works both on the field and recruiting. Winning the Natty again I am sure most in Louisiana believe can be repeated.

One thing for sure . . . . college football is no different than the way the game is played in the NFL . . . . Success is usually always followed by "copy cats".

Seems to me a word that is often used here is "Leadership". From where I sit, leadership in Athens is going to be needed quickly. I base a lot of that on Jake Fromm leaving, Jake was definitely a leader, that sometimes takes a program further along in wins than maybe some of us think. Leadership also has to be exercised by our coaching staff, Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide are just around the corner, and truth to be told, Nick Saban does not like playing second fiddle to any program, something he is not comfortable with.

A lot is being said by the media about Jamie Newman. With all that has been written about Jamie, our offense will be watched closely, by the media and I know members on this board and others. I have no doubt(s) that the incoming receiving talent, both tight end and wide outs along with Newman's leadership and talent can be different than what we have seen in the past. Feel sure we will see some the Fran Tarkenton type play which dates back to the late 1950's. The only quarterback since then that used his legs at the quarterback position regularly was DJ Shockley and when he got his chance, performed big time. DJ Shockley was and is a Damn Good Dawg.

www.si.com/college/georgia/news/dj-shock...terbacks-and-georgia
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 3 months ago #80904 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 17-01-20
Excellent read Buc... as Sadlerdawg posted looks like Kirby

Reached into the NFL and it’s projected to hire Todd Monken

To bring his Air Raid. Passing to Athens ... any thoughts

About his days with Tampa?. No position or title. Announced.

Interesting times in the Classic City

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80911 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 17-01-20
• DJ was a DGD.

• I don't ever expect for UGA's offense and "air raid" to legitimately appear in the same sentence.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80912 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 17-01-20
yankeedawg1, little doubt that Todd Monken was brought in for a specific reason. Georgia has always known how to run the ball effectively, history bears that out. Chances are that is the reason for the long length of time in "wanting a National Championship." It has been said a thousand times if once . . . . never has there been a lack of talent in Athens. Maybe the lack of talent was in the coaching ranks eh . . . . My best guess is that Monken will be given the business card title of "Co-Offensive Coordinator".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds