Forum

From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 10-01-20

4 years 3 months ago #80820 by yankeedawg1
From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 10-01-20 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

First a big Dawgs.com Welcome to taddawg…. I am glad you have joined this happy band of Dawg fans….. we proudly avoid fluff and trash talk….

Shortly after the SECCG … I posted that over the coming months we would have many things to ponder and discuss…..

Seems that becomes a deeper subject opportunity with the passing of each day…….

Be careful what you wish for…was something I heard from my Grandparents way back in ancient times…. And is still true…

Much discussion about wanting to see a different course taken by our OC …… that becomes a given with Jake passing on his senior year…

Be a good time to acknowledge and thank all our players who are taking the next steps in their lives….. I wish them well and appreciate their efforts….

One of the pillars of life that I practice is…. Not spending a great deal of time and energy regretting what isn’t rather than focusing on what is…..

Yes we have a host of new challenges laying ahead of our football team….. and letting go of the missed opportunities is difficult…..

The what is ….. we have on campus at this time a massive amount of football talent ….in all stages … raw and green to polished experienced veterans….

With more arriving early summer…. More things we know…. 2019 saw our defense have a coming of age celebration ….. 2020 we see this group

continue To grow……. Every teams DC who we play this year has to start with a blank game plan….. nobody has a clue as to what we will look like come

the fall of 2020…… yes that includes our own coaches at this time …… to me this is an exciting time to be as Dawg fan…. When Eason went down and

we had to call on an unknown …. Enter Jake …. His first start … South Bend …. Rose Bowl OT victory and playing in a Natty…… something none of us

saw coming…… after reading and hearing all the heads wondering what are we going to do about a starting QB …… bet the farm .. we will have one…

might Be a graduate transfer … three teams in this years CFP …. Made the final four playing a grad transfer…hmmm…

Been reading what the coaches and QB trainers have been saying about Carson Beck …. 6’5’’ and 220 Lbs…… has the football savy of Murray/Fromm

And the arm like Stafford's ….. one QB trainer stated he is the only college freshman who is game ready… he will get a look all spring long as he is on

Campus and was running the scout team for our Sugar Bowl practices on campus…. Least we forget our young offense will go against one of the best

College defense in the country every practice……. Had a laugh at myself …. Recalling years back having the drinking the Kool-Aid discussions ….. no

kool-aid here And now ….. different HC and staff …… wlayton.. was one of the island gang… miss his postings...and the real reason I feel good about

what lies ahead…… Danny Kanell the wizard of college football..Has predicted …. Florida will win the East….. his words …. “Book It”. Certain that has

been posted on several bulletin boards around our football facilities… Much more pondering and opinions to follow in the weeks and months ahead……

we open in the Benz against Virginia……. We will be ready…..

Pause and give thanks…Blessed…

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl, SimpleDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 3 months ago #80823 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 10-01-20
I've got Danny boys post on my bulletin board here and in the office. I wont say he's got balls, if he'd had those he'd been playing in the SEC

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80825 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 10-01-20
Yep... Carson Beck.. pure pocket passer, a lot like Eason...

Yet those QB's in the CFP all have one thing in common... and it wasn't a stoic presence in the pocket..

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 3 months ago #80826 by TadDawg
Replied by TadDawg on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 10-01-20

yankeedawg1 wrote: Good Morning All,

First a big Dawgs.com Welcome to taddawg…. I am glad you have joined this happy band of Dawg fans….. we proudly avoid fluff and trash talk….

Thanks yankeedawg. I actually have been a member here for a few years. I think I joined sometime during CMR’s last season. I don’t post much obviously. I just come here to read what the rest of y’all have to say. Especially when things aren’t going well for the Dawgs. There’s a LOT of football knowledge here. And you guys have calm, rational discussions about what is working and not working. Haven’t found that anywhere else.

I am very curious as to what this team will look like next season. Have a lot of doubts about our offense though. Not so much with the loss of Fromm. More so with the coaching. Did not see our offensive players develop much this past season. Fromm actually seemed like he regressed. Makes me wonder if he left because he figured he wasn’t going to improve under the current coaching staff. May as well get a nice paycheck and NFL caliber coaching. Just my worthless 2 cents.

Tad
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 3 months ago #80830 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens -Friday Thoughts - 10-01-20
TadDawg..... two cents will go far here...always happy to have

New opinions....

Agree.... doubt...is a valid word to use regarding our football team..

Coaches and players.......as I have stated earlier...much to ponder..

I have a strong feeling that the conversations posted here will

Increase ... which is a very healthy thing...stay well..and again

Welcome..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds