Forum

GAME DAY: SUGAR BOWL, GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS BAYLOR BEARS

4 years 2 months ago #80760 by Buc
Really appreciate D'Andre Swift putting the pads on.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #80761 by yankeedawg1
Lordy...a fake field goal... and it worked

More later after the 24hr rule.....

Dawgs win.... chapel bell ringing First time in 2020

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 2 months ago #80763 by SimpleDawg
Happy for the win in the Sugar Bowl..... I'm old enough that talk of the Sugar Bowl being insignificant is so foreign to me that I don't understand the concept.

The offense, for all of the bang last night, still sputtered too often. I realize that we had a completely reconstructed OL, with young RBs being the focal point, and Baylor was regarded as having a good defense, but there were holes not seen and plays not made..... Yeah, I know - bitch, bitch, bitch.

Where has this version of George Pickens been...? And, Matt Landers caught a difficult TD pass...!

I'm disappointed that so many players didn't play, or weren't serious enough about it, to make the trip..... I guess all of the complaints from Dawg Fans everywhere about the lack of focus and commitment from the team last year helped Kirby make an emphatic statement. It needs to be this way every year. If there's any doubt to a kid's commitment, let him go elsewhere.

Again, the defense keep us in the game until the offense clicked.....again, and again. Lots of players to be excited about on that side of the ball.

And, Fear the Specs.....I hope Rod has a long and successful NFL career.

A win is a win.... Here's hoping 2020 is even better.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.

Go Dawgs !
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #80765 by Wartdawg
I agree SD..

Old enough that I can't grasp the concept of the Sugar Bowl not meaning anything.

When I hear UGA fans just accept that the Sugar Bowl doesn't mean anything and that
they don't care that players don't play, it is all just something I struggle to process.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 2 months ago #80766 by Buc
Little doubt that our win over Baylor meant/means a lot to our coaching staff. Means a lot to FANS also. I was not sure what to expect in this game, there were a lot of thoughts being passed around in the media and those of us that blog.

SimpleDawg, the reception made by Matt Landers totally caught me off guard. Young man played high school football in the St. Petersburg area and most thought he would have an outstanding college career. I certainly praised his high school days and openly said he would be a major factor in Athens. Just did not turn out that way, and for what reason, not sure.

My biggest concern this season has been the lack of “support” by our receivers. Demetris Robertson again had some problems on the field. Was hoping that this young man would snap out of what I thought to be a “funk” and show that there was more to his game than “speed”. Couple of errors or “close calls” that could have changed the end result of the game.

Offensive line really stepped up in my opinion. Again, did not know what to expect from this group, pleasantly surprised with the results. I paid particular attention to Jamaree Salyer’s efforts. Absolute winner. Jamaree handled the right side of the line like a “pro”, which he will be in short order. Numerous occasions Jake had more than enough time to read routes. Believe Jake will return and he will have more talent to work with on the receiving corps. There will be more than “one” receiver that can get open and catch the football.

Below is some information on Coach Coley. Probably some or many have read the link, if not, take a couple of minutes and check the link out.

Having said this before will again . . . . Coley definitely wants his tight ends to do more than block. He has a proven record in that area. I hope Darnell Washington chooses Georgia in today’s Under Armour All-American Game. Washington along with George Pickens will alter the way we are schemed against “every Saturday”. Does away with "double teams".

georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/james-coley/2593
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds