Forum

From Athens - SECCG Game Day Friday

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80568 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - SECCG Game Day Friday was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Waiting is also over….. As always the season has gone by way to fast….. We then wait 8 months to enjoy four….

The heads want everyone to Believe that we don’t stand a snowball chance in hell to beat LSU……

We are here because of the East being so weak ….. excuse me …. The West side of the SEC has its own bottom teams …. Need not call out which schools are part of this group…. We are aware of who they are….. so lets just move on from that idea…..

Players.. not plays will decide who wins….

Imho…. Winning the line of scrimmage …. Both offense and defense

No question …… Special team plays ….. no muffed catching punts…. And …. Kicking game … as Buc has pointed out correctly…

Our punter and PK ……. May have the game placed on their toes…..

Let’s play to our standard ….. just do your job …… we have the talent and now the opportunity to get it done…..

Greg I know you and your posse will be working hard to pull us across the finish line….. as winners

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

Pause and give thanks

As always “Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80569 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - SECCG Game Day Friday
Yessir YD. Good points as always.

This game, if it is going to be one, will be a victory of the trenches and time of possession. I will say this until I'm blue in the face - we must keep our defense rested. We need to give them the ability to be as explosive and jacked up with 6:02 in the 3rd as they'll be with 14:10 in the 1st. The only way that happens is winning both trench warfare and the time of possession battle.

If ya'll haven't read it, Tebow's analysis of this game is spot on.

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-...s-fromm-championship

I will also say that this is the game where someone, anyone, one of our wide receivers is going to have to step up and become the man. This is the day where the transition must occur from pup to dawg. I know its a hell of a stage to come of age, but hey, make it happen.

I can tell you another thing that we should take pause and give thanks about, particularly considering our history in the past decade in the big games:

Kirby Smart. Enough said.

GO DAWGS!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #80570 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - SECCG Game Day Friday
Notice that Vegas has lengthened the spread between UGA and LSU. 2.5 originally to 7.5 now. Truthfully the 7 does not bother me, I have concern with the .5. Point 5's bring another issue to "any" game.

So we have gone through the 2019 Season and again have landed in Atlanta. Speaks volumes to me. One of the few things that McGarity accomplished that really changed our football fortunes was hiring Kirby Smart. Along with hiring Kirby Smart there were some guarantees made . . . . Kirby wanted Georgia to "compete", compete at a level that quite frankly had not been accomplished under the hiring of Greg McGarity up until his hiring. Have said this often will do so again . . . . the best thing that happened to our football fortunes was the hiring of Jeremy Pruitt. Coach Pruitt does not believe in walking on egg shells. Pruitt laid the ground work for Smart to face little resistance once hired. Not a football game plan, but very similar when we look close enough.

Throughout the many paragraphs on many different sites that I have read and listened to one of the lines keeps being repeated . . . . LSU beating UGA with the deep ball. Second line says that LSU will eat us alive with slants on the middle. Watching film, and I have, seldom has Burrows had to worry a great deal about "time" in the pocket. Yes Burrows is one heck of a quarterback, I take nothing away from him. I am one that believes we are going to game plan more pressure on Burrows, more pressure than we have put on any team in 2019. Get close enough to him and it all but rules out that deep toss. Comes down to coverage on the slants and I like the players that we have behind our defensive line.

This group of players under Smart and Company "do not" have a second thought about being on the same field with LSU. Not one. If the game is called "intelligently" by the refs, letting both teams "play" . . . . going to be one heck of a game.

If I had to say one player that I believe can cause us a lot of problems . . . . #22 running back for LSU. Can't recall his name as I type, but I know the number "22".

Another thing . . . . this is the type of game that Jake Fromm shines in. Firmly believe that we will have some surprises for LSU that are not on any tape(s) they have watched. Bet this, they have watched many feet of film. Shame on me, "feet of film" . . . . hard to move past the way games were recorded "back in the day".

Go Dawg, Coach'em Up! :)

Edit: Eight minutes on the video. Solomon Kindley covers a lot of territory on this video.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, SimpleDawg

More
4 years 4 months ago #80572 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - SECCG Game Day Friday
If you look at the body language here, Kirby is as relaxed as ever. Coach O, not so much. For Kirby this is just what the program does - play in the SECCG.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 4 months ago #80573 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - SECCG Game Day Friday
SD...... great observation....

As I posted earlier....The Benz is Sanford West....Dawgs second home the last three years...

Plus we played NC in that house also.....

Jake and the Dawgs no what it’s like to play on that field for a money
Game.....

Dawgs will come with a hometown attitude....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds