Forum

GAME DAY: MISSOURI TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

4 years 5 months ago #80364 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: MISSOURI TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Good evening Gents from the Queen City. Chilly, crisp, windy, leaves falling left & right.

Speaking of leaves... let's turn over a new leaf and get out to a dominating start. 4 quarters of wood chopping. Impose our will and let's not trip up on Mizzou. Mizzou would love nothing more than to steal this game.

I'm hoping the playbook tonight is one that involves our TE's again, and is designed for Jake to be Jake. Calm, cool, collected. 10 yards at a time. Move the chains. Disciplined football.

Business-like demeanors from all players - AND COACHES.

Let's git r done boys. Destiny is in our hands
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80366 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: MISSOURI TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Chapel bell..rings into the chilly night..

Shut out on defense..

Looming questions on injuries..... depth a huge plus..

Next man up

On to Auburn....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago #80367 by SouthernDawg
Kirby Post Game Presser

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80368 by SouthernDawg
A few preliminary thoughts before the game comments....

What a Saturday in college football! All hail the mighty Gopher!! Thank you Minnesota. And LSU? What can I say? LSU earned 100% of that victory. They did what we couldn't do in the last two matchups against Bama - FINISH. They played a 60 minute game. When Bama staged their expected comeback, LSU kept chopping wood. Play after play after play.

Coach O's smile last night was one that he deserved. I love Coach O. How could anyone not love Coach O? He's done it the right way, the hard way. My opinion is that LSU has finally cracked the Bama dynasty, and he did it the only way it could be done: go into Tuscaloosa and beat them on their turf.

Onto our game...

There were a lot of questions in 2015 when Kirby Smart was announced as head coach, but a big one was: "Was Alabama's defense really Nick Saban's or Kirby Smart's?" I think we can put that question to bed, finally. There's no question that Kirby is rapidly approaching the echelon of defensive masterminds. Bama's defense hasn't looked the same since he left, and ours, after 4 years, looks better than any I've ever seen. Could I have minor quibbles with stuff? Yeah, but boys, as long as there's a 0 on the scoreboard for the opposing team - I have nothing to add other than praise and admiration.

Style points don't mean a damn to me. If cousin Eddie in Gainesville wants to run up 55 points on Vandy, let him. They play for style, we play for Atlanta and beyond. 27-0 against Mizzou? I'll take it all day every day.

If things hold up, Atlanta is going to be one hell of a game. But first, onto the Plains. Don't think they're not ready to ruin our season. The next step is the next step.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago #80369 by Buc
SouthernDawg, laying the score aside, there was some serious "head knocking" going on in the game. Defensive line for Missouri stood up and played one heck of a game. Missouri has nothing to be ashamed of or about in the way they played. Very physical. Good thing we have depth on this team, can remember in past years when one or two players were banged up during the game and there were no answers coming off of the bench.

Going into the game with Auburn, a must win for Gus Malzahn. If Auburn does not win, not going to be too surprised with what might happen to Gus. Little doubt that Auburn has a stout defense, especially the defensive line. Better than average quarterback, young man would like nothing better than giving us a hard time.

Injuries are a part of the game, have always been a part of the game. Believe it has been said many times . . . . next man up.

I still wonder about our tight end involvement. Couple of times in the game we had our tight end open but the ball was thrown in a different direction. Can understand Arik Gilbert's decision to link up with LSU. Some questions are arising now as to whether or not we will be the choice of a certain tight end that does not seem to be ready to join us in Athens.

Don't mean to be playing our win down, every win is a good win. Players have bought in to Smart and Company's way of lining up on Saturdays. Looking forward to beating Auburn in their house, have done that before. Both Auburn and Texas A&M have nothing to lose when they face us, so it can be expected that both games will not be cream puffs.

Think maybe I am looking/wishing for more since the arrival of Kirby Smart. Man has done an incredible job of recruiting. Has taken our program to another level, little doubt in my mind about that statement. Would like nothing more than to win our and face LSU in Atlanta. That would be a game giving us a good "picture" of where we are at this point. Will add this . . . . I believe that our defense is better than Alabama's.

Just rambling . . . .;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
4 years 5 months ago #80370 by Buc
Just posted and see where you had posted before me. Good read, appears we are on the same page for the most part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds