Forum

Where are the Members

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #80088 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Where are the Members
I've stated on here many times that I have all but given up posting on online forums just due to many years of experience that always turn sour in any pubic format. Most forums devolve into pissing, moaning, infighting, and any search into the other teams' forums will prove this statement. Dawgs.com has always been a place where real football talk has occurred, and that has always been the attractive characteristic about it to me. Even when we disagree, and we have disagreed before, it never got uncivil or nasty. If we never got a new member, but kept the civility and passion, that'd be okay by me because I'd hate to see this turn into the typical "you ____ing idiot!" forum postings elsewhere.

I will say that this season for some reason, the activity and participation is as low as I've ever seen it.

When I do a Google search for "Georgia Bulldogs Forums", Dawgs.com is #5 on the search, so its clearly visible on the first search page. It puzzles me why new members don't show up. I've basically been talking with the same group of guys for 8-10 years now, which is fine by me (I had an old screen name before my current one). I'm just really surprised that we never see an introduction post from a new member.

I think Steve's standards around here are good. I'm not sure what the vetting process is for new members, how short of a leash new pups are put on are, etc.

Regardless, I'm grateful for the conversation I do have here. My season wouldn't be the same without you guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #80089 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Where are the Members
Running a different forum of my own, I can agree with everything SD said. I deal with it all the time and trying to maintain it is a chore. If that low standard is the alternative then this place would have much less appeal to me.

I am fine with not having a large influx of new posters who would not live up the standards that everyone else here have set. I just wonder what has happened to some of the high standard posters that seem to have gone away.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
4 years 6 months ago #80090 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Where are the Members
I want to thank you very loyal members for posting on this subject. I remember when I started on this site years ago that we could look forward to a huge amount of banter back and forth,and most of it was good natured and helpful, like it is now. It has just been on my mind that I missed a lot of the folks and am hopeful that they will read this post. Our team has changed and there is definitely less to complain about I suppose.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 6 months ago #80091 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Where are the Members
I too have noticed the changes. As was mentioned by Wartdawg it is difficult to keep the conversation high quality if a lot of head bangers are on board.

Some of respected posters have drifted away for various reasons. I contact them almost every year when the season starts. Some say they just don't have time to post anymore but still read the forum.

FYI I just had to block Bill King from our Facebook page. He was posting stuff about his blogs and trying to get people to come read his sites. That is a forum no-no if that is all you do. After 4 posts and no response to me he got booted. You remember him? AJC guy from long ago. Self promoter.

We finally have something to talk about with CKS. A winning team. Besides the regular flow through the web site that is about 1000 a day during the season, there are 8000 people on Facebook and 4000 on twitter that like our forum. That is growing. From there I hope to find a few younger folks to get involved over the next couple of years.

Dooley Field has a new boss in town and he is creating a new legacy.... Coach 'em up as Buc says.

The real season starts Saturday. GO DAWGS!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

4 years 6 months ago #80092 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Where are the Members
I'm still here, just mostly "read-only" except for an occasional Thank You. This is where I start (and often stop) for 'dawgs football news and views.
Sometimes a post on here has me digging for other articles/comments on the topic, but it's usually adequately covered here.

I grew up in Indiana, so still get pleasure out of Notre Dame getting run. Hoping it happens Saturday! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 6 months ago #80093 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Where are the Members
I am involved with 2 not sports type boards as an Admin, and now involved with DawgNation as a Mod.. Still come by to check in here almost everyday, there is just not enough time with real life and all. I just need to retire from my real job so I can have more time for my hobbies lol....

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds