Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS. VANDERBILT COMMODORES

4 years 7 months ago #80048 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS. VANDERBILT COMMODORES
So as fate would have it, I spent the first 3 quarters at the hospital with some kind of anaphylactic shock and didn't get home until the fourth. Just watched the replay, so I'm relying on Wart's spot analysis of the game since we seem to usually see things the same way.

From the replay I watched, the O-line looks beastly. Granted, they're pushing on Vandy and not Bama or Auburn, but still. Some of those holes I could have run through.

Overall seemed sloppy. Ball control issues on the run and at the tackle. Fromm looked sharp in the first quarter. To no one's surprise, we committed to the ground game early, and I was glad to see Zeus looks healthy. UGA covered my spread, so I was happy with that.

SEC had an embarrassing day. I simply cannot believe Tennessee. Good Lord - Georgia State? I can only imagine some orangeturds are ready to pull the plug on that entire program. Missouri drops to Wyoming? I didn't even know Wyoming existed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #80049 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA BULLDOGS VS. VANDERBILT COMMODORES
Kirby Post Game Presser

More
4 years 7 months ago #80050 by Wartdawg
Too many penalties, but that doesn't concern me. Hard to judge the rhythm of the offense because the game was never really a concern and I don't think there was a lot of need to get into balance and such. I thought the secondary was strong so that is a big positive.

Now for the only concern: D-line.

This my friends is what differentiates us from the Alabamas and Clemsons. We could not generate any pressure at all with just out front four. We could if we brought someone else down or blitzed, but the front four did little in that regard. They also got pushed around a little bit in the ground game causing us to again bring more into the box and even run a few run blitzes to fill gaps.

That is where the truly elite teams are better than us and we have to plain and simple be better in that regard to take the final step. Top tier teams will make us pay on D if we don't improve there.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 7 months ago #80051 by growl
With you all the way on the D-line Wart all in all the Game looked like a Scrimmage

GO DAWGS! GATA!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 7 months ago #80052 by Wartdawg
Doesn't seem many have much to say about the game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 7 months ago #80053 by yankeedawg1
Wart... if this game was a food item...I would say it kinda like oatmeal.... not going to be any rave reviews....

Didn’t show much of the playbook..... defense didn’t give up any

Big plays....yes foolish penalties....many teachable moments...

As Growl called it ,,,pretty much a scrimmage.... we got to bang on

Someone else besides a teammate..... two weeks of practice before

ND.... me thinks we will know more after ND...about ourselves and

How far the process has progressed for 2019... stay well...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds