Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts-02-08-19

4 years 8 months ago #80015 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts-02-08-19 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Big Classic City Welcome to our two newest Dawgs…

Chad Lindberg - League City,Texas….. OL….. 4 ****

Kendall Milton - Clovis,Calif …… RB…… 5 *****

Kudos again to Coach Dell and Coach Sam….

How quickly we forget ….BCKS…. Before Coach Kirby Smart..

Each recruiting cycle we heard loud moans and groans about how we

Lost another recruit to another school..namely Assburn or UF….

2020 cycle we have come off 3 of the best back to back to back recruiting years

Ever recorded by our program…… yet there is hardly a murmur on this

Board or elsewhere ….true no Natty yet…. All window dressing

….haven’t beat Bama…. Yet…….

To which I say….. what if it was year 19 for CMR …

Would we be anywhere nearer a Natty….. would we have the same level
Of quality position depth and with the continued current level of recruiting we continue to add both quality and quantity to player depth…hmmmmm.

Buc… you correctly pointed out the importance of year 3 recruiting to continue building our program….. year four looks to be another step forward for the process..

No secret …. Coach K at Duke can coach Basketball……more importantly …… IMHO…..

He has the ability to recruit……. See this as a prime example of the process CKS wants for our football program…..

Vandy in 29 days….

Have fun on the grill Chief ….

Pause and give thanks….

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always….”Go Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #80016 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-02-08-19
Good thoughts YD.

Been paying attention to a lot of the preseason musings of our self-appointed experts. Everyone biting fingernails over WR depth this season, but my opinion is this and it's one that has been echo'd on this forum ad nauseam for years by all of us - championships are won at the line of scrimmage, not at the slot. When you look at what Coach Pittman has done, it is nothing short of amazing. He is building a behemoth of wall. I truly believe that when the chapter is finally closed on CSP's coaching career, he's going to go down as one of the most brilliant and successful line coaches in the game of football at any level. He understands the nature of the line, he understands its importance, he understands recruiting, he understands players, and most importantly, he possesses that rare gift - like Coach Russell before him - of being able to impart that knowledge and have his players die on the hill for him. I'm terrified of losing him, and I'm sure every offseason he gets phone calls. I just hope he doesn't get the call that is too enticing to pass up.

Regarding the WR panic - all I can say is next man up. This is why you recruit. It's now coach Hankton's job to help the next young man to develop. The standard is set in CKS's process. The expectations are known. New men will emerge in the WR corps. Guaranteed.

Completely agree with you YD, our recruiting has been on a level never seen at UGA with such consistency and dominance. CKS is building a juggernaut. He's hungry. We're scooping up 4 and 5 stars like there's no tomorrow, meanwhile the buffoon down there in Cesspoolville is getting excited about a 3 star transfer. Georgia has differentiated itself from the rest of the pack, save for Alabama, as the force to be reckoned with for many years to come.

As an aside - I've listened to every SEC Media Day 15 minute Q&A with every coach. I'm developing a lot of respect for Coach Orgeron. He's another one that "gets it."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 8 months ago #80017 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-02-08-19
Good post SouthernDawg..

Yes...both CSP as well as Coach Dell have attracted much attention

Within the coaching ranks....

Coach Sam and Coach Dell Love Athens and Georgia...

And working for CKS....... imho ....both understand what goes with being a HC... as well as what the NFL is about..

I don’t see them having any interest in either...

Truly believe they both love working with young players..

Yes teaching football....more importantly....teaching life after the game...

That what makes them so successful at recruiting....

Stay well.......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds