Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19

4 years 10 months ago #79972 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All.

I have had the subject for this weeks BPS on my mind for almost a week.

There is no substitute for first hand knowledge and experience ….. seeing and hearing with ones own eyes and ears… This past Sunday a little after 6pm I made the suggestion to the wife lets give the cook a night off…A New Mexican restaurant had just recently opened in the Five Points area of Milledge Ave here in he Classic City….

After we had been seated I told he wife to go ahead and order a starter while I made a head call…. I was just reaching out to pull open the bathroom door and was met face to face with a man wearing a red visor with a Big “G” in the center….. Nose to nose with none other the CKS….

I managed to say hello Coach with out choking on the words…. Totally unprepared….. he walked off toward a group of tables on the far side of the covered patio dinning area….

After tending to business I returned to our table which was just one away from the HC and his family….. he was sitting with his back toward me..

His wife and children were seated facing me…. For the next have hour plus I sat and watched a father and husband enjoy quality family time together…

Shared conversation all around the table….. many smiles as they enjoyed chips and salsa …… nobody was glued to a cellphone texting or checking Facebook…..

We hear players and recruits talk about how the love how CKS is interested in them and their families …. Life beyond football….

Lived the first 32 years of my life in upstate New York…. The next 42 years …… past 19 in Athens and 23 in Chattanooga…..

Been blessed to visit many states and cities here in the USA plus two trips to the UK and Europe ..

If you make the effort you can and will find good people everywhere…. True sometimes you have to beat a few more bushes to find them….

Coach Kirby Smart is good people…… I saw and heard for myself….. looking at his staff he has had the wisdom to surround himself with assistants who have the same quality .

What makes this all the more special to me….. this Sunday started early for CKS..as he flew to Orlando to speak and give instructions at a satellite campus football camp for HS players at Florida Tech… as a featured speaker..

Flew back to Athens and made sure to have enough left in the tank for some quality family time…..

Big fan of Kirby the HC …… bigger respect for Kirby as a father and husband…….

Sidebar……… CKS….. loves the University of Georgia …. As only a player and graduate can…… he speaks with first hand knowledge about the university and its history ……. Huge advantage to be able to speak with the passion he has for the R & B…….

A big welcome to all our new commits…. Welcome to Athens…… as Buc pointed out …..many more pleasant surprises to come before NSD in February 2020….

We have spoke about Coach Sam’s value many time here…. Truly a treasure for our program..

Been wrapping my head around this stat….. Coach Sam has landed 15 bluechip( 4 & 5 *’s) OL over the course of the last 4 recruiting cycles…

Not to long ago our previous Staff didn’t place such a priority on recruiting for the OL…

Yes a bit long this week ….

Spot on Buc… your thoughts on how important the kicking game is in D5 college football… HC goes out to Texas and finds us a boomer to groom to replaces Hotrod…… details always sweating the details…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always…… “GO Dawgs"

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79973 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19
Really good read yd1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 10 months ago #79975 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19
Appreciate your kind words....as always

Huge weekend for recruiting..have some really talented players

on campus...... truly fun time to be a Dawg Fan......

Go Dawgs......

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79976 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19
YD1 I really enjoy the BPS every Friday, but like Buc said this one was really good and made me want to move to Athens...

Go DAWGS! Gata

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 10 months ago #79977 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19
Chief....always welcome for a visit.......

And thanks for kind words

Enjoy playing on the grill...stay well

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79978 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-14-06-19
I'm going to have some Lemon Pepper Pork Tenderloin for Fathers Day Dinner off of that Grill.

GO DAWGS! GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds