Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts-31-05-19

4 years 10 months ago #79955 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-31-05-19
Good read Buc.... and excellent point.... HC.... has the mindset

To understand the process contains many moving parts...

Watchful eye on players and recruits...

Knows to surround himself with quality assistants....then turns them

Loose....builds trust..... no question...Manny is going to make it

Miserable for all schools calling Florida home...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79956 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-31-05-19
Welcome back Warren Brinson. The recruiting scales are tipping big time Smart/UGA vs mullen/gators.

www.hudl.com/video/3/7658593/5c0ac2b95cb37f11e0ae58f5
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
4 years 10 months ago #79957 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts-31-05-19
Coach Scott...never gave up.... DL recruits for 2020.....making a

Statement ..... OL will not soak up all the spotlight....

Yes big welcome to Mr. B.

Gin Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79958 by Buc
Getting to the place that Smart envisioned when returning to Athens as Head Coach not as an assistant. Wise man that followed the advice of another wise man, Nick Saban. Process is without a doubt along the lines that many of us watched for "years" being applied in Tuscaloosa. Call it copy cat or whatever, for years I have watched every step of football from pee wees to the NFL, every "wise" coach "copies" a winner or, search for a job elsewhere.

Leads me to this . . . . yankeedawg1 on several occasions you have posted hearing the "sounds of leather on leather". Most of those posts have come since the arrival of Smart and Company. Can only imagine what it will be like/sound like come Fall practice. JMO again, come Fall practice Smart will be able to say whether he does or not . . . . now we are ready to "compete" with anyone. Several recruiting spaces are open, can only imagine some of the young men we will see signing a LOI. Rather nice to be my age and see on the field that I had for so many years wished for a team that athletically can play with and against the best. Seems most folks around the football world believe we are at least the third best team in college football, that is a testament to Smart and Company. They have earned my respect.

:)

More
4 years 10 months ago #79959 by Buc
Quote from Kirby Smart below says it as he believes it.

“I’m not happy with where we are,” Smart said, “I’m happy with where we’re headed.”

More
4 years 10 months ago #79960 by Buc
Lifted a section of the article below. See Mahogany Row has their errand runner out front with "their solution". Funny thing, I have been around athletics for a while, have seen a lot of good and bad with alcohol. Funny thing is, if it is funny, arguments and some situations that go a bit further than arguments have not always been with those that did not have a lot of money in our/their pockets. Georgia and every other football school has had alcohol in the stadium since football began. Been many a pint or half pint sometimes more in Sanford Stadium dating back, further back than those on this board have been around the Red and Black. Another case of Mahogany Rows and Greg McGarity squeezing every cent they can out of the FANS. Wonder how Sanford Stadium would look on a Saturday afternoon or night if the "FANS" that did not contribute large sums of money stayed home. Stayed home and watched on the large screen televisions. Folks, they have been drinking upstairs in Sanford Stadium forever. Another look down their noses at "us common folks".

Earlier in the week, Georgia had announced alcohol would be sold this season in a restricted area of the club level — but only to super-donors in the Magill Society who have contributed at least $100,000.

“We have an area that we’re going to utilize, that we’re going to cordon off and create an area for members of the Magill Society to have limited beer-and-wine sales this year,” Athletic Director Greg McGarity said. “It’s available to a certain level of donors, but it’s not accessible to fans in general seating areas. … We’re just doing it as a benefit to our donors.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/bulldog-nati...alcohol-jacksonville

More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds