Forum

Thoughts Georgia/Florida JAX

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #79942 by Buc
Thoughts Georgia/Florida JAX was created by Buc
Dan Mullen’s comment:

“I will say this, obviously I think administratively is going to look at what they think is best for the program,” Mullen said. “For us moving forward, I think it’s one of the really neat, unique games in all of college football. There’s not a lot of games where you have that, where you have the stadium split right down the middle at a neutral site like that and within a rivalry game. Makes it a lot of fun to play in Jacksonville.

I think there’s three more years
. We’ll see, you never know which direction college football is going in at that point. Because I think every other year — I can see his point of every other year you do lose an opportunity, one less home recruiting game every other year.

But it is such a great event to have the game and it’s such a unique event in college football.

I think you can make arguments that there’s a recruiting positive for it, but I think it’s such a great game and where it’s played is such a unique deal.”

After reading what mullen had to say, thought I would counter with this . . . .

Why not play the game in Atlanta? If prior arrangements are not conflicting with the proposal. Some don't see the game being played in JAX as an even arrangement. At some point FANS should be taken into consideration. Travel time for Georgia FANS is quite a long trek for some and it of course eliminates many Georgia FANS ever making the trip to JAX for the game. Put the shoe on the other foot, let those in Florida make the journey to Atlanta, seats can be spilt just as in JAX. One thing for sure, mullen no different than meyer, work every angle.

Have said several times, I would like to see the change, and I am just over an hour away from JAX. There have been members on this board and others that do not want change. Understand that . . . . mullen feels the same way. I like the fact that we have a head coach that finally has the Red and Black interests at heart, and yes I believe that includes we the FANS. Anyone really believe that the National Media would not be all over the game being played in Atlanta.

Thoughts??
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79943 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Thoughts Georgia/Florida JAX
I like the thought of Atlanta/Jax alternating years, both are neutral sites.

GO DAWGS! GATA!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 10 months ago #79947 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts Georgia/Florida JAX
Appears to me that McGarity is again in a position that he does not belong. Athletic Director.

Greg McGarity is all about the greenbacks. Seems nothing else enters into his mind. JAX revenue for Georgia is around three (3) million each contest. Time and value move on, McGarity does not seem to understand that. Has he forgotten the Golden Egg that was dropped on the SEC by Mickey Mouse? Certainly changed the numbers in Athens.

Kirby Smart is involved with “anything and everything” pertaining to Georgia Football, and that includes the future of the JAX game.

Kirby Smart is all about “recruiting” and that will not change under his watch. Believe it might be time for the SEC and the NCAA to relax a bit and either waive restrictions on recruiting under certain circumstances or get out of the way. College football has changed more in the last 10/15 years than all of the time surrounding football games prior to that time. My guess is Kirby Smart is playing a sound hand of poker. 2021 the contract is over with JAX. I believe if nothing else, Kirby Smart will grow the numbers UGA receives in Jacksonville if a new contract is signed. Would not be surprised to see some rule changes on recruiting either. Never doubt that Coach Kirby Smart is in “charge”, makes for all around improvement and competence. Trying to be nice.

Go Dawgs, Coach’em Up! :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #79948 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts Georgia/Florida JAX
Looking around, ran across this from Tony Barnhart. Will add this . . . . I am a bit longer in the tooth than Barnhart, watched and participated in a lot of football in my years. Remembering the days of Georgia/Auburn playing in Memorial Stadium in Columbus, Georgia. When the game changed to home and home, there were some of the back and forth that we are reading about now concerning Georgia/Florida. Numbers as far as dollars has changed over time, but from then until now it is football and played on the same size fields.

One can only imagine the inflow of cash that the entire area of Athens, Atlanta and the surrounding cities and towns would gather in their coffers. From where I sit, UGA as stated before, has received many millions since the SEC Network was introduced by Mickey and Minnie. I would like to see the cash "flow" go to the shop owners in the surrounding areas. McGarity does not have to have every dime that has the potential to land in the University's coffers. JAX wants the game, has since 1933, say again, football has changed in many areas, too many to count. Wonder what the total number of dollars the shopkeepers would realize if the game goes home and home.

Auburn and Georgia dialed up home and home, how has that turned out? Intensity still there? 1933 come and gone, 2019 looking forward to the "happenings" in 2021. Might turn out to have the same effect(s) on the shopkeepers as the deal with Mickey and Minnie had on the SEC.

Not one for short cited thinking.

collegesportsmaven.io/tmg/tony-barnhart/...fHpr2zEWf8sYqQoiUEw/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds