Forum

Monday Thoughts . . . .

4 years 10 months ago #79910 by Buc
Monday Thoughts . . . . was created by Buc
Another highly rated young man has chosen to attend Georgia, get a good education along with exciting UGA FANS on game day(s). Tate Ratledge chose the Red and Black, main reason, Coach Sam Pittman. There appears to be no end to Sam Pittman’s ability to lure young men like Ratledge to join forces with others that are comparable to Tate in athletic ability. Can remember in the not too distant past when this type of recruiting was nothing more than a “dream”. Have a feeling that we are going to land another top rated offensive linemen before the beginning of the 2019 Season.

Leads me to this . . . . recruiting at such a high level has to continue. Alabama and Clemson along with others are not going to fall by the wayside. Clemson at this point has 5 five star athletes recruited for the 2019 year, also appears that there is a strong possibility of a couple more heading for the Tigers campus.

Few short years back that would drive me up the wall. No longer. Have zero fear of lining up against Clemson or Alabama. Since Coach Smart’s arrival our program has actually done a “total” turnaround. Several openings exist for our coaches on the recruiting trail to continue adding young men that are highly rated, also knowing that putting on the equipment and starting right away requires more than an approved letter to the University of Georgia. Smart and Company do not see stars on the practice field(s) they see effort and attention to coaching.

Alabama and Clemson are loaded . . . . so are we. Took Smart and Company some time (short time actually) to be able to face off with the likes of the two mentioned above. Have said this a couple of times, once more . . . . University of Georgia Football Team is loaded. This old fart does not see “any” glaring holes on offense or defense. 2019 is the first year in heaven only knows how many years I could comfortably say that. Don’t know that I have ever felt as strong about the Red and Black’s talent as I do now. Only thing left for Smart and Company to do is coach them up. THEY WILL.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79911 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Thoughts . . . .
Buc....not so long ago you referred to Coach Sam as a

Treasure....for our football program.... yes sirrrrrrrrr.....

Much more than a football coach.... mentor in the school of life...

Great Wall of Georgia..... you just might think a HS ... RB..is

Taking a long look at Georgia... Process Continues...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
4 years 10 months ago #79912 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday Thoughts . . . .
Just so gratifying to watch a program, especially our program hitting on all cylinders. Truthfully not accustomed to this, hope it continues for some time to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79913 by Buc
Could not pass this tidbit up. Agree that Karma intervened . . . .

“Losing recruits happens all the time, players get into trouble all the time but I think it’s a little bit of karma flying back at him,” Finebaum said. “I thought Kirby Smart won the day and maybe won the war by just shooing Dan Mullen away the other day like a fly on your sandwich at a Fourth of July picnic.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79914 by Buc
Video worth a look/see . . . .

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 10 months ago #79915 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday Thoughts . . . .
Buc....you shared many times in my early years on this board.

You always felt we where just a step slow...and totally frustrated with

Our recruiting.... hit and miss...our success was also hit and miss..

Absolutely no process to improve....

It wasn’t like Kirby walked into a bare pantry... just evident that

A tweaking an focusing would do wonders....and they did

Kirby has seasoned well...yes more to do ..but as we shared..

Solid footings..tend to support a strong process...of building..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds