Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts 19-04-19

5 years 1 week ago #79867 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts 19-04-19 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Interesting week thus far in sports…..

Old man played a solid Masters and gets to enjoy a 5th Green Jacket..

Wood’s ability to get back to a level of play were he could win another major after such a long dry spell…. Example of keep grinding..

Success or failure in sports at advanced levels is measured in fractions.

Congratulations…. Tiger

Buc…. Thanks for sharing your thoughts this week on a variety of subjects…. Awesome videos also….

My two cents on ….

Dan Mullen …… Must be if you are the HC at Florida you must take a daily dose of butthole pills….. he is falling inline with his recent predecessors…….as being the village idiot…….

Good on Kirby for not taking the bait …. Just go to JAX…. Get off the bus… trash the Gators…. Send their fans home by the middle of the Third quarter… Bull Gators will do the rest….. but thanks Dan for poking a stick at the Dawgs….

As you noted Buc …. Muschimp has kept his mouth shut at USC…
Goes about business…. Might have learned ….more seasoned HC

Love the write up on Big Ben Cleveland this week…. CSP… tells the OL the Party Starts with them…. Truth…. Road Graders…. Yes we will run the ball….

Welcome Jalen Kimber “ Boogieland “ comes to Athens…
A very big deal …. Pulled Jalen from Texas…. Truly Dawgs footprint has expanded under CKS…. A very good thing….

First to commit G-game week….. feel more surprises in the works…

Lastly ….… Special Teams …. Once again Buc your observation on how key our ST play is too our hopes of returning to CFP is spot on…

With arrival of CKS…. Quality players… yes starters would play on ST..

Not a place to try and sneak by with using walk-ons….. and we actually..

Worked on getting touchbacks on KO’s…. Duh…..

Quite week on the police blotter for the football team… a very good thing..

G- game at 2pm Saturday SEC Network…. Have fun and stay healthy

Going too be like a fall day in Athens… Temps around 60’s good day to be in the stands and not sweat to death…

Growl…. Thinking about shearing some beef on the grill… I hope all is well with you and yours Chief…….

Pause and give thanks….

Easter Sunday…. Promise kept……

Stay well and safe

As always “Go Dawgs "

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 days ago #79868 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 19-04-19
My spring check in...

Seems as if everyone is pinning the success or failure of this game on Coley's offensive scheming. I don't see it that way at all. I put so little stock in these spring games, honestly about as much stock as I put in bowl games (that I got trashed for saying last season ;)) However, the one element I do pay attention to in these spring games is where the S&C program is at. It's been 4.5 months since UGA played a real game. How many helmet taps are we going to see? How many hands on knees, helmets bobbing up and down, are we going to see? So much of a season's success or failure hinges on injury. We've been blessed these past two runs in that UGA has stayed, on the whole, very healthy. That's a testament to the S&C program.

I've been saying for a while that the S&C program is the unsung hero of the Kirby Smart era in progress. Let's see where they're at.

Was hoping to see Zeus in this game but 99% sure he's ruled out, and it's probably wise to let him continue rehabbing.

Will be interested also to see what Stetson Bennett looks like, as the depth at QB concerns me greatly. Fromm has been Iron Man so far, but that can all change on a dime as we know. You can bet Bennett is going to put into some games this year, especially with all the chatter that Fromm declares after this season. I'm not sold on that by the way, but it's obviously possible.

It'll be nice to see the red shirts & silver britches for the first time since December (no I still don't count the Sugar Bowl as seeing Georgia, thank you very much. B))

Report from FL - bumped into my buddies back home and boy o boy, is Gaytor nation convinced that this is their year and UGA is in the crosshairs. I had to endure hours and hours of listening to the same tired BS. Kirby's dirty, UGA is overrated, Mullen has rebuilt the program, they're gonna kick our ass in Jacksonville, la-dee-dah. It'll make taking care of business that much sweeter in October.

I'll try to report back in more often, but this spring/summer is shaping up to be a busy one with a new house, potential job changes, health issues and the like.

Wishing you guys all the best. Cheerio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 6 days ago #79869 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts 19-04-19
Always good to hear from you.... interesting thoughts..thanks for

Sharing....stay well. ... see you in the fall..or sooner..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds