Forum

Georgia/Florida Game . . . . Thoughts?

5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #79812 by Buc
www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-uga-...valry-cocktail-swamp

When I first arrived on this board said I would like to see the Georgia/gator game become a home and home setup. Some members were quick to say that they disagreed, and there were some good points made by those wanting for all things to remain the same. I remain in the camp of a home and home series, have always felt that the game travel for many Georgia FANS was a bit trying. Television has changed considerably over the years and from where I sit has changed many of the travel issues. Change the game to a home and home bout, believe the networks and "advertisers" will see another boost in the rivalry. Quite frankly, much like Ohio State and Michigan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #79813 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Georgia/Florida Game . . . . Thoughts?
I get all the arguments for a home-and-home. I'm a little surprised that the players were so in favor of it, but I guess it's a chance for the Florida 'dawgs to play in the Swamp and for the Gators to get a taste of playing between the hedges.

Selfishly speaking, it would blow up one of my favorite traditions with my younger son and one of the best weekends of the year for both of us.
The atmosphere is unique and you know it's on national tv. It's also nice to see the Gator section clear out early. ;)

Since we get our tickets on the "secondary" market, the Kirby era has priced us out of Athens games. UGA-UF is more expensive than it used to be, but still cheaper than an SEC game at Sanford. I know there are hotels and meals and gas, and usually a round of golf, thrown in to the Jax trip, but that is what makes it special.

Nothing lasts forever and I feel like it's only a matter of time before that game goes to a home-and-home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #79814 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Georgia/Florida Game . . . . Thoughts?
I understand the metrics for playing in JAX....however never came

To terms that it was a neutral site....after all JAX is in. Florida..

Much easier trip for a Gator fans... money was the driver...

Would we ever consider playing Assburn in Birmingham every year ?

Season ticket holders get another quality SEC game....

College games belong on campus..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds