Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts 11-01-19

5 years 3 months ago #79697 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 11-01-19
What I saw when Fields was in games...…

Like has been said, 'flashes', but the more he played, the more I felt he wasn't ready to play a productive role against good competition. Against UMass, he looked really good, but it was UMass. Our 3rd stringer looked really good also. Too often physically gifted athletes succeed on talent, without caring to learn the intricacies that will aid greater success against top-notch opponents. I watched a lot of his HS film and I saw a superior athlete who had some really good receivers that would 'go get the ball'. Fields often threw into double, triple coverage, but his guy would make a play.

I doubt he will play at OSU, unless he starts trying to be a QB and not just an athlete. It's a shame it didn't work out.

And, his waiver should be denied, if his request is based solely on the Sasser incident. It is disingenuous to claim racial persecution over something said by a friend, who was intoxicated and bore no ill will. Had it been said by a black person, it would've been ignored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79698 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 11-01-19
Wart..Buc... totally agree about promises made to Justin

By OSU....

It can be the only logical reason for Martell to enter the transfer

Portal ... he felt that coaches would not give him a fair opportunity..

Seems college sports looking like the pros .. players testing the

Free market...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79703 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 11-01-19
Like you guys said....I kinda figured fields was promised the job by the suckeyes when i heard he he was going there....once I saw Martell transferring (or entering the portal or whatever it's called) that left no doubt ....fields thought he was going to start here, and once that wasn't going to happen, I know he wouldn't go somewhere and take a chance of not starting.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds