Forum

Turn the page

5 years 3 months ago #79623 by yankeedawg1
Turn the page was created by yankeedawg1
Not a big surprise....Justin Fields to transfer to Ohio State

Just maybe he saw enough of the SEC to choose a different conference....

Buc.. as always you cut to the chase.....Leadership.... will be a central issue...

We are still a young team. So they are going to need guidance.... see Jake on offense..assuming a more

AM ... role .... defense.... see a opportunity for several to grow up quickly.... can’t help but think incoming. Recruits will

have the opportunity to contribute..... early enrollment will pay dividends... HC.... burns some midnight oil.... how he

Picks his staff will play a big part in moving the process forward.....

Like you said Buc .... lacking talent is not they problem..... need to clean up the other “stuff”

On to spring ball... stay warm.... Go Dawgs..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79629 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Turn the page
Turning the page is a good title for this thread YD1.

This is now the time when Kirby Smart is going to earn his money in my book. We've had, for the most part, a fun ride up to this point, but the road is about to get a lot bumpier. There's a LOT of unanswered "what will happens" facing us this season. It's clear the honeymoon is over, not in a bad way, but just in a settled-in kind of way with CKS and UGA. Buc said in another post that this will be year 1 of an entire CKS-process program. There was a mass exodus of players from UGA today. Why didn't the juniors stay? Who knows. Don't care. No more than I care about CFP not putting UGA in the playoffs or UGA taking a crap in the Sugar Bowl. What's done is done and alls over but the cryin' for the 2018 season. We can sit here and speculate all day long, but in the end it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

Today proved quite the shakeup and revealed some real challenges facing CKS this offseason. Lots of maturing that needs to be done in this offseason by the COACHING STAFF. There were play calls and clock management in 2018 that I never want to see played out again on the field. This is now fully CKS's program, and the ghosts of coaches past are no longer an excuse. Like wartdawg, I'm not about excuses.

Net net, I am quite happy with where the program is, and events like we saw today where we lost a bevy of top tier talent to the draft is precisely why we must (and have) stayed on top of recruiting. That falls squarely on CKS and he deserves the credit he's due to running an elite recruiting system. That said, I am also calling a spade a spade. I saw decisions out of this staff this season that were as baffling as anything I saw in the Richt era.

Today's exodus isn't simply next man up, it's a transition of this program into version 2.0 of the CKS era. I sure hope all the beta testing was accomplished this season and the bugs worked out because the SEC east is tightening up. Pages have to be turned. Whether the story gets better or worse will be determined soon enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 3 months ago #79630 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Turn the page
Excellent and truthful read Southern Dawg.....

For what ever the reason a player decides not to come or he leaves

Time and time again...we benefit when we embrace those who

Want to wear the Red & Black..... college sports is all about recruiting.... as the college career is a short journey....

Like having Jake taking a bigger role in our offense....he will make sure everyone is lined up correctly...

I sense. Changes coming with our coaching assistants ....

Pouty had a piece that Chaney’s contract ends this year..
and Pruitt has interest in talking to him.... that’s a issue that
Might just take care of it’s self...

Alabama is losing their OL coach ..... need to keep Sam in Athens...

Much to be done before fall arrives....stay well. And Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 3 months ago #79631 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Turn the page
There will be many days ahead that players leave early for the NFL. While I hate to see talented young men leave, just points to the fact that we are recruiting at a higher level than some. Most of these young folks have advisors that spend time presenting their qualifications to the NFL, safe bet that all leaving at this point will make rosters at the next level. UGA has moved into a higher category when it comes to recruits that depart when qualified. Couple of colleges have been going through this for a lengthy amount of time. High fives to those that wore the Red and Black, good wishes for all of their futures. Next "men" up . . . .

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago #79632 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Turn the page
Can’t blame any kid for leaving school if they can make an nfl roster. Even a marginal nfl salary for a few years is more than many will make in a lifetime of working. Those guys only have a five year +/- window to play at elite level.

I figure Kirby is going to hire someone from the bama or Clemson staff and that’s why no dc has been named.

Would be funny to me if tennessee hired Jim Chaney. There is no way a big name guy is going there to be the oc. That would be career suicide for someone like sark to take that job. They had a strange year. Enough talent and coaching to beat auburn and Kentucky, but got hammered by vandy. Coach consistently blaming players is not a good sign.

I don’t think Justin Fields could have transfered to an sec school. Maybe he could have by not being on scholarship the first year. Would have been interesting if he had gone somewhere like auburn or Florida. Still don’t understand why he picked uga after the freshman year Jake had.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79633 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Turn the page
Tyrique Stevenson GEORGIA . . . .

www.hudl.com/video/3/8706354/59a395596e815c03a83470ec
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds