Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79470 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Congratulations to Deandre Baker….. earned everything that has come his way….. he was coached up and now has the opportunity to play on Sunday….. example of the process…. Make no mistake… teammates and recruits taking notice….. Hey that could be me…. Yup..

Coach Sam ….. a recruiting machine….. I take notice that he didn’t have the same level of success at Arkansas….. Georgia…. A better product and Kirby as the HC also makes it much more desirable package to market…... sidebar…. As Buc correctly pointed out…. when he gave notice that he would be leaving the Hogs…. The entire OL went to his home to plea for him to change his mind….. we clearly now have a better understanding as to why they made the effort….

When we first knew about Kirby coming home there was several posts here about how Kirby would be his own man…. That he wasn’t looking to make Athens into Tuscaloosa east…. I posted during the summer before the SEC media days about feeling Kirby was much more comfortable in year three…. He was handling pressers much easier…..

Kirby and his assistants come across to the recruits and the recruit’s families as straight shooters….. I feel strongly he is able to explain to recruits what the process is all about and how they fit into moving the process forward…. Using easily understood language….. zero coach speak…..

To me it still amazing just how far we have come in 3 short years… there are 12 other SEC teams who would be happy to be where our team is currently and more important where our future is trending to.

More wood to be chopped in year four….. process continues …

Pause and give thanks…. Remember the reason for the season

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79471 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18
Every reason to believe we are “almost” where many of us have wanted our program to be. Seems to me that more and more of the very talented young men are not shying away from the competition that they will face in Athens. Has been a major reason for the success in Tuscaloosa. Top athletes have given as one of their reasons for selecting Alabama . . . . Chance to play and win the National Championship. Process has worked out well thus far under Nick Saban.

Most folks seem to think we are #2 in the recruiting area for 2019, just a bit behind Alabama. At this point we have 19 young men that have chosen Georgia, think Alabama is somewhere around 24/25. Over the years the number of commits and their stance in the “star rating category” have drawn a lot of attention to Saban and his group. Now we are beginning to see some of the same results in Smart and Company’s efforts since their arrival in the Classic City.

Still comes down to how the/that “talent” is coached, has not been a disappointment in the past three going on four years. A lot of really outstanding high school talent has yet to commit, program changing for any university that gets their LOI. Feel reading from some reports and folks that I know we are going to add to what has been an extremely successful 2019 Recruiting Cycle thus far. Highly ranked recruits that will not be placed above those recruited years earlier. Like this “process” a lot, tells me, shows me that things have changed for the better in a short four years. Appears we have finally gotten it right.

Good read yankeedawg1. Hope you are staying warm up that way, know that it has been fireplace weather.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79472 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18
Like the way it is going overall with our program, now if we can just get over that one shot in the foot in the BIG ONE, we'll be there!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79474 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18
Absolutely been fireplace weather...Buc...we have a nasty cold rain

Falling temp hanging mid 40’s.... so enjoying it right now

Makes a gloomy day bearable.....Clay Webb in taking part in

Bowl practice...as is other early signees.....team is truly enjoying

IPF....without a bus ride to the Falcons facility.....thanks again CJP..

Growl....no question ...need to clear the last hurdle....inching closer..

Enjoy the weekend,,, Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79475 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18
YD1 said, "Kirby and his assistants come across to the recruits and the recruit’s families as straight shooters….. "

Coach Kirby Smart is a leader. A. Real. Leader.

Stay warm, put another log on the fire and pour your favorite drink.

Merry Christmas,
Steve

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

5 years 4 months ago #79477 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 14-12-18
Appears that the folks looking for readership are going to go full speed ahead with Georgia quarterback chatter . . . . Fromm/Fields . . . . over the months football is not played. Going to be a lot of differing opinions, most of them having never thrown a pass or made a handoff or called a play in their lives.

So . . . . Rather than play that game, I think along these lines.

I recall in the not too distant pass with the exception of AM calling the plays, Georgia football was a mess to say the least for a long time under supposed coaches that played the position in high school and college being responsible for the position. Both of the coaches that surrounded AM are now having the same problems at the universities they now lead as head football coach.

If Fields is in a situation that playing time will be limited because of the decision(s) Fromm makes, if I were he, would transfer, or give it serious thought. Can’t blame a talent like Fields not playing a larger role. Fromm on the other hand has proven he is a very talented leader, more than just a young man tossing the football. Time spent by Fromm wisely in preparation to be all that. Site adjustments at the line of scrimmage make up for a lot of other “things” that not all quarterbacks are blessed with.

Will say this . . . . believe Jake Fromm will remain in Athens until he wins a Natty, or has exhausted all chances for the trophy.

Say again . . . . Like where our quarterback situation currently is, as said before, remember how it once was.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds