Forum

ABUURN . . . . and GUS

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79447 by Buc
ABUURN . . . . and GUS was created by Buc
Could not let the article below pass. The same Gus Malzahn that whipped the you know what out of the Dawgs with a huge smile on his face . . . . without a doubt has turned the college football "game" into a personal "game/gain". Not sure what it says for the rest of those "in charge" of the football program. Lots of opinions listed in the comment section of the article. As much as I like beating Abuurn, what is going on with the football program is not what their fans should expect. Gus needs to move on, SEC will be much better with a competent leader on game day.

Chip Lindsey leaves Auburn to join Les Miles at Kansas. Offensive coordinator (in name only, Rhett Lashlee) before Lindsey left for many of the same reasons that Chip left. Gus is a high school coach at best, even though I would not endorse him to coach high school. Bad dream for Abuurn fans, Gus Malzahn, Head Coach.

www.al.com/auburnfootball/2018/12/an-ins...artins-redshirt.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79448 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic ABUURN . . . . and GUS
Buc...shared a few brews with a Auburn grad ....he is at a loss

For answers..... likened it to the other dumpster fires in college

Football....he says Louisville is in better shape..they have started a

Do over... Assburn is still trying to figure out how to wiggle out of

Not paying Gus....ain’t going to happen...Gus will need 10 armor

cars to haul his buyout out of Alabama.....gave the Bus a raise to underperform.....duh...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79449 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic ABUURN . . . . and GUS
Seems to me that Kirby learned or was born and raised with a different approach when addressing people and programs. Remember when Muschamp took over the gators, one of the first things out of his mouth was "dogging" Georgia. Came back to haunt him. Same with Malzahn, let that alligator mouth overload other parts of his body. Have eased up a bit on Muschamp, have nothing for Malzahn. Saban might have some faults, he however is "smart" enough to not say things that folks like myself and others seem to pick up on and use . . . . Have not heard Smart do the "stuff" that the two mentioned above seem to do.

Do not think that Gus will be employed for the long term. Auburn had/has some very good players that say they will play on the Plains, Board of Directors might be watching the outcome of incoming and outgoing recruited players for 2019 before releasing Gus. Hard to say . . . . ABUURN seems to have foot inserted deeply at this point. Say again, do not feel it is a good thing for the SEC overall to have this "stuff" going on, other conferences like to use same for their "Bulletin Boards".

Georgia/Texas, big game, little doubt that the game will be a sell out. Do think that we will see more of both quarterbacks in the Sugar Bowl contest.

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79450 by Buc
Tech hires a head coach that seems to be following the same methods as Muschamp and Malzahn used to promote themselves. Geoff Collins opened up with material (anti UGA) that will be used against him. Coaching staff in Athens has to feel real good with the GT hire of Geoff Collins.

Italicized paragraph copied from the site below. While Kirby Smart will never admit that the "red ink" issue will be used . . . . I for one do not believe that will be the case.

Looking forward to our first meeting with GT/Geoff Collins on "their field". Will see if he is still chirping come game time.

"I didn't even realize that," Smart said after the game. "It's significant because I know what it feels like to lose your last game to Tech at home. Personally, I know how that has affected me and every time I see that picture with my family, I know that was a game we didn't win. I told them no regrets. You don't want to live thinking about that. You want to go out, take care of business and I thought it was great leadership and effort from guys like Terry Godwin and Jayson Stanley. Those kids have given so much to Georgia that we appreciate it."

247sports.com/college/georgia/Article/Ge...academics-126059122/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79451 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic ABUURN . . . . and GUS
Two good reads Buc....agree seems that CKS is aware of

Even the smallest detail when come to our football program...

I wonder how many dozen red pens get sent to the new head

Tech coach come December 1,2019....

Again more concerned about filling our position needs than if

We our rated the #1 recruiting class for 2019....have a feeling there will be pleasant surprises come early signing day...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 4 months ago #79452 by Buc
More wood for the fire . . . . Paragraph copied from the article below . . . . Also, trackemtigers is the oldest, longest running blog that follows Abuurn/Auburn athletics.

Auburn has a reputation for doing stupid things. The unsuccessful coup attempt against Tommy Tuberville in 2003 tops the list. There have been many others. But what we are witnessing today is unprecedented. Forget Alabama or Georgia taking Auburn down. It’s being destroyed from within, and that’s what hurts so badly.

trackemtigers.com/the-worst-of-times-for...-for-auburn-football

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds