Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79438 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Shifting gears ….. random thoughts….

Me thinks if CKS has it to do over …. He punts …..

I don’t think he is as stubborn as first blush tends to reveal ….. he believes in his mind what the process entails …… I also believe he is capable of learning from his mistakes…… yes he should have stepped up and shouldered his mistake….. as been pointed out more seasoning is required …… which will come with time and experience……

None of our players are skipping our bowl game….. reflection of players buying into the process….. we rather than I …….

Sorry to see Coach Mel …. Leaving our program…. Happy for him to have the opportunity….. HC will fill the position with a quality coach… next man up…. Have no doubt that he will fit into the process … keeping us moving forward……

I was a bit surprised at the number of heads that spoke out in support of the Dawgs making the CFP after the loss to Alabama….. it would have been the right choice….. but the committee took the safe choice….

Short break to enjoy the Christmas Holiday…. Remember the reason for the season…….

And those of us who remember…… December 7,1941……

I have stood on the deck of the Arizona Memorial and read the names listed on the marble walls…. Never forget….. how much we owe our veterans….. and their families…… come Saturday…. “Go Navy”

Pause and give thanks ……. Truly blessed…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always…… “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79440 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Good to see a lot of increased recruiting activity now that our coaches and support group(s) are in a position to travel openly. Big push to keep the "balance" that Smart and Company have established since their arrival in Athens. Coach Mel Tucker leaving will require some added effort(s) to keep some of the young men he had become close with. Relationships between coaches and potential players requires a special type of balancing act.

Once upon a time players were reluctant to travel long distances to play on Saturdays, not the case this day and time. Texas game will mean a lot when it comes to Noah Cain, running back IMG. Cain's running mate at IMG will in my opinion sign with Alabama . . . . Trey Sanders. Noah Cain could mean a lot to our future, runs down hill, enjoys punishing defensive backs . . . . and linebackers.

Spending some time today with Greg, always makes my day brighter. He was/is a damn good Marine and Dawg.

:)

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79443 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Georgia Tech hiring a new head coach gives me a thought or two . . . .

Have always worried about the offensive blocking schemes that GT used. Playing GT at the end of our schedule always gave me thoughts of injuries to our defensive line mainly. Now it appears that GT will move away from the Paul Johnson style of play and employ much the same offense that many or most use in college football. Simply said, I can breath a bit easier at the end of our schedule not worrying too much about leg injuries. Coaches won't say it but . . . . they are happier with the change.

Army/Navy today, Army 6.5 point favorite. Two class teams, get it on. Much of our nations future in the world will face off today.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 4 months ago #79444 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Agree Buc....if we have to play Tech...then..let’s use it to

Our advantage in player development.... be happy never to see

Another chop block.... me thinks there will be Christmas smiles

From our early signing day.... as you have posted before correctly..

2019 .....huge ....need to keep the pipeline flowing......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79445 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I was so glad to hear about Paul Johnson retiring....like you guys say, just to not have to play against the triple option...too many injuries from the blocking scheme....

Looks like the Navy is singing first again...sigh...maybe they can get back on track soon

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #79446 by Buc
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds