Forum

Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . .

5 years 4 months ago #79432 by Buc
Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . . was created by Buc
Have tried to stay away from too much quarterback chatter this season. There were some (more than one) beat writers and media groupies that played the Fromm/Fields 2018 Season hard for "clicks".

Reminds me a bit of the "old days" . . . . going to the hangouts after playing the Friday night games and ordering a hamburger. Had to wait for that burger regardless of how hungry we were. At that time there were no "McDonald"s", burgers hit the grill and the short order cook/chef worked the spatula on the open grill. Damn good burgers they were, worth the wait.

I have become a great admirer of the Fromm/Fields way of handling business in Athens. Both extremely talented, both putting in the time to prepare to play D1 Football. Have long stood by the thought that "patience" is a virtue. Older I became, more I bought into the "patience" theory. Believe I am seeing that played out in 2018 with these two young pups, quite a time gap from the 1950's.

The final chapter that will be written between these two "studs" will be decided between the two of them. From where I sit, believe the final outcome will put smiles on many faces.

:)

Justin Fields had this to say after his first permitted interview after the game in Atlanta . . . .

“Jake, he’s a great quarterback,” Fields said. “He’s probably the smartest quarterback that I’ve been around in my whole life. You’ve got to give it to him. I’m just going to continue to learn from him to get better.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79433 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . .
I just hope that Fields understands some very important things.

If he stays here throughout his college career, he will learn things from Fromm that will help him when he does take the reigns, and he will learn things that will help him at the next level.

Even if he only becomes a full time starter as a senior, it will not hurt his ability to play at the next level. In fact the things he will have learned playing behind Fromm will positively affect that 1 season and positively impact his chances to play at the next level.

Even playing in a limited role behind Fromm while Jake is here, he can have a HUGE impact and very much be a part of everything UGA achieves.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 4 months ago #79434 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . .
It has been great having these two at UGA, I just hope that Justin gets a chance to lead us when Jake decides to move up after his career here, he's going to be a good 'un

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! GATA!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 4 months ago #79435 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . .
Jake Fromm has earned everything "good" that is coming his way. Reminds me so much of AM in several different ways. Both Justin and Jake come from "backgrounds" of leading. Regardless of the level of competition or the particular sport being played, these young men stood out. Little doubt in my mind that Justin will leave for a lack of playing time, 2019 Justin will have the "feeling" of being a number one. Justin Fields came from very successful high school football days. First year in Athens after the many successes he had at the high school level had some reaching a bit too high for the Freshman and playing time. Believe that our 2018 Football Season proves that point. If Justin Fields remains on the path he is on, the NFL will be all over him, just as they will be for Jake Fromm. The same Jake Fromm that the media questioned his talents extending beyond college. As Judge Judy often says . . . . "two ears, one mouth", good results more often come from "listening". Can't produce what you don't understand or know. Justin is "still" learning, physically he is there.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 4 months ago #79436 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . .
Very thoughtful thread....loaded with truth...Buc I do remember

The days of waiting on a burger to be cooked to order....yes sir..

Huge difference in just making it to the NFL. And having a career

In the NFL.....Fields and Fromm understand that....process continues....

No question ... going forward...Fields will get more meaningful.. PT....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
5 years 4 months ago #79437 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Admiring Fromm/Fields . . . .
Not comparing the player skills, but the Fromm/Fields situation is very similar to Greene/Shockley.

Meaningful playing time will be there for Fields, and when the time comes he will be more than ready.

I do however hope that's where the Kirby/Richt parallels end.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds