Forum

GAME DAY: AUBURN TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

5 years 5 months ago #79285 by Buc
Conversation here was Kirby Smart lining up for late field goal, memorable missed connection on the pass. One thing that sticks out about the play that late . . . . payback was coming Gus. You said what about Georgia Football at your place in 2017? High fives to Kirby Smart, that play is not called without his say so. FACT. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79286 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Our main goal in practice the next few weeks needs to be figuring out a way to score in these "goal to go" situations...

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79287 by Buc
SPECULATION . . . .

At some point there is little doubt in my mind that some of our coaches are going to move on. That is the way it should be. Good coaches rising up in the ranks. I find myself over the past years disagreeing with the same group of head coaches moving from one head coaching job to another. Coaching no different than football played on the field, times change and the same should happen in football.

Lots of talk at the present time about Mel Tucker being heavily considered for the Maryland head coaching job. Mel Tucker would do an outstanding job of correcting the "mess" that now surrounds that program. Coach Tucker was ready to take the Tennessee job last year, came close.

Speculation from where I sit . . . .

Coach Dell McGee to take over the Auburn program. Little doubt that the Gus contract will be settled by those running the program over there and bringing in "qualified help". This would be a blow to UGA Football, however Dell McGee in my opinion is a "short timer" in Athens. Just food for thought. Mentioned on Dawgs.com FIRST. Bet this . . . . media and beat writers will jump on this, yes some read this board.

Remember this . . . . Gus came to Athens back in the day to hire Rodney Garner. That was not a difficult job, Garner was po'd with Mark Richt and welcomed the change.

georgiadogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2370&path=football

auburntigers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=56&path=football

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago #79288 by Buc
And this . . . . Film study.

More
5 years 5 months ago #79289 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Random Takes

The fake FG should have connected and I absolutely hate it didn't.

I really wanted to hang a 40 burger on Gus and honestly we could have and should have.

Our issues at the goal line are not just a failure by the O-line. Our play calling down there is predictable and being given away by
formation. If we mixed it up better then even our B gap dives would begin to be succesful again. Imagine how open the old Tebow jump pass would be with Fields. A handful of plays down there would benefit us for weeks to come.

Kudos to the D... adjustments made, and we didn't wait until half-time.

Coaches like players will move on. That's why your organization has to have a "process". If you have a process then coaches and players move on and your standard continues. Ask Saban. Kirby gets it... that's the biggest change in our program.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago #79290 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN TIGERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
So I hear that ole' Gus thinks our fake FG was a "bullcrap" call...

Hey Gus... don't you mean "dog crap"? The same dog crap you claim to have beaten out of us last season ?

Enjoy your trip to Memphis for the Liberty bowl.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds