Forum

From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18

5 years 6 months ago #79132 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Many good thoughts shared here following the LSU game.

Once again knowledgeable and good insights covered…….

Spent the week doing the left side…right side of the brain thinking exercise….. as far back as the NCG……

We knew a great deal of experience was departing…. And that we had a wealth of talent still remaining….. and a #1 recruiting class arriving.

We came through the post season coaching shuffle in good shape…. HC moved a few pieces of furniture….in one case to keep a very valuable assistant…

IMHO ….. we fans took a wait and see attitude…… as to the were this season would progress too.

Some revealing points became extremely clear after our loss to LSU…

We are a young team …..68.5% of our rooster …. First and second year players…. We sadly miss the experienced players…..and their talent.. that’s the bad news…. The very good news is these young players are gaining experience quickly which means very shortly we will become a very experienced team with added quality depth….. as Buc pointed out….. third year recruiting will play a huge role in not having us repeat the position we find ourselves in currently…. A very good thing…

Wart’s point about both players and coaches needing to grow up….spot on….. as his statement.. less is more….. stay with the hot players….. understand rotating players to keep them fresh…but seems at times to slow us down or worse ….stop us all together….. at least until we build a lead…..
Much has been said and written…… will our loss to LSU ….. Be similar to the beating we took at Auburn last year…. In as much as we regain our focus and play better in our remaining games……

We will have answers starting in Jacksonville very shortly…..

Here we are at the start of the back stretch …… haven’t a clue

How much horse we have left……. To finish the race….

Unlike recent seasons ….. we control our own destiny……..

Once again it’s true “Just win baby”

Coach’m up……….

Pause and give thanks ……

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 months ago #79133 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18
Bye week sidebar....reading the local fish wrapper and..

Buc.... a name from the past.... Faton. Bauta .... has been

Working this season as a paid as a offensive quality control assistant..

At Monmouth College... he returned to his home state New Jersey

And now lives 20 minutes from campus .... cutting his coaching teeth.... DGD....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 months ago #79134 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18
Faton Bauta was a very good athlete. What the last group of coaches did to him, maybe should say, did not do with/for him illustrates that a coaching change was needed. Threw Faton into the fire in JAX. Has been mentioned on this board more than once . . . . Richt failed miserably when it came to using and developing talent. Faton should have been a linebacker. Faton will always be a special young man in my book. gators wanted Faton. The gators were going to use him as they used Tim Tebow. Lots of memories yankeedawg1.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79135 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18
YD, I think we rebound strongly in Jacksonville.

If not, it darn sure wont because of lack of on the field talent.

Faton Bauta - I really liked that young man and I though he got a really raw deal here by a certain someone.

A certain someone who I honestly believe was trying to say 'I'll show you!" to a fan base because they dared call him out for not delivering results equal to the sum talent of the parts.

Fatan Bauta is where my feelings changed from "he's a good man, I just think we can do better and need a change of direction" to "I've lost a ton
of respect for you and can't wait to wave bye as your train pulls out of the station."

My feelings there may not be popular, but I am not going to hide them or not be honest about it.

I wish the best for Faton and I hope he has a fantastic and successful career in coaching if that is what he wants. I hope he looks back at UGA and remembers not how he was utilized so improperly here, but instead thinks about how much the fan-base stood behind him.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 6 months ago #79136 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18
Agree. Wart and Buc .,,, Faton...was misused. ..much like

Several other players in our dark ages ....

Wart...honestly tend to agree with you on us rebounding next week

In Jacksonville.... CKS....not one to waste a teachable moment...

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #79137 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Bye week Friday 19-10-18
Skull session . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1