Forum

GAME DAY: AUSTIN PEAY GOVERNORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

5 years 6 months ago #78860 by sadlerdawg
Pretty happy with everything I saw other than fields freshman pass that was almost intercepted and James Cook's boner that will keep him out of the first half of next week's game

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #78861 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: AUSTIN PEAY GOVERNORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Not much to say about this game. It went exactly as it should, and what a relief that is. A solid warmup game, got all the butterflies settled down and pitched a shut out. Can't ask for any more than that.

Yeah Cook's targeting was a bone-headed for sure, but freshman and bone-headed go hand in hand.

It's great to see the stable of backs we have. Swift is a thrasher. Would have loved to see White out there this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 6 months ago #78862 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: AUSTIN PEAY GOVERNORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
Yes perfect tune up..... no need to rush Justin..hasn’t played a
Single snap against a SEC defense... his time will come..

HC will groom him wisely. .. mean while Jake will continue to
Be Jake

Many teachable moments from this game... pups will get earful before next Saturday...fact

Process continues..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg, growl

More
5 years 6 months ago #78864 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GAME DAY: AUSTIN PEAY GOVERNORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

SouthernDawg wrote: I won't be surprised if Fields replaces Fromm by week 6.

A classic duel threat and that kid is lightning on turf.

You’re joking right? What did you see from Fields in a glorified scrimmage game that made you come to that conclusion?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
5 years 6 months ago #78865 by stevedawg
Things change quickly according to circumstances. We have two quarterbacks. I would go with the experienced one and you know.. the other guy will play when it comes up.
2 QBs. All good.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #78866 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: AUSTIN PEAY GOVERNORS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS
What did I see?

Regardless of the JV team he was up against, physically I saw lightning quick feet, an incredibly agile and mobile passer who has a solid arm and is a true dual threat. CKS has made it clear that the competition spans week to week, not season to season. If Fields comes in and starts showing glimpses of Cam Newton / Deshaun Watson type performances, Fromm is going to have up the ante big time to compete with that. I don't expect a redshirt out of him, I think he's going to play all season.

This kid was the #1 overall for a reason.

I agree, we have 2 QB's and there's nothing wrong with that. But nothing would surprise me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds