Forum

From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18

5 years 8 months ago #78810 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Real early edition...had to make use of internet connection when available...which can be a challenge.....from Fryeburg,Maine with the White Mountains as a backdrop..

Been a fun vacation...many interesting experiences....

Some observations.... New England is fantastic for seafood and scenery.. totally void of

Preseason football hype....one you are get away from the metropolitan areas...maybe a whisper about the Pats..

I have been trying to keep up with how camp is progressing.... heads still trying to spin issues about who’s going to start at QB.... Kirby has firm hand on this not becoming an issue..very good thing..

Agree Buc..... Players have bought into HC’s process.... year three fans have a better understanding
of HC’s thinking....

Growl.....I am sure from your time in Bath....you remember how good the Maine version of fishand chips are.... I have consumed a large amount this week...pairs well with a brew

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Wartdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 8 months ago #78811 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18
Yankeedawg: Spent a good amount of time in Round Pond Maine. A good friend bought the old Ann Page home in Round Pond. I still miss New England even though I have lived in Georgia since the fall of 1950, got off the Silver Comet in Athens, Ga. & have been here since. Been back a few times to Ski in Vt. with old friends. Life goes on so they say. Enjoy the seafood, the best anywhere. Yeah Buc even beats all that Fla has to offer.

As always GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 8 months ago #78812 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18
Can taste the Fish and Chips while I'm sitting here, and as far as the beer goes It always hit the spot. You got that right about the Seafood, the Lobster is plentiful, but one of my favorite seafoods are the Cherrystone Clams from around the Maryland Delaware area, back then nothing was better than a good Draft Beer and a platter of Clams while watching the Redskins kick the stuffing out of whoever they happened to be playing. John Riggins was hell on wheels

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 8 months ago #78813 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18
Spin it all they want; I think this is Fromm's team.

Fields will probably get in there a hit earlier against the Austin Peay's and MTSU's... he will have packages in other games that other guys wouldn't have..

but I think it's Fromm's team unless something weird happens.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #78814 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18
Have purposely stayed away from the quarterback talk coming from the media, have long understood what their "bottom line" amounts to . . . . keep the pot stirred and the "clicks" will make those in charge :) .

When Wartdawg steps out and makes what I believe to be a sensible to the point comment, time to respond. Short and sweet . . . . There is absolutely no reason for Jake Fromm to sit. If Justin Fields believes he is the man, that does nothing more than make Kirby Smart a very happy head coach. Quarterback position no different than the rest of the team that Smart started building immediately upon arrival . . . . depth.

If our offensive line comes close to expectations, makes quarterbacking a much simpler position to play. Single biggest improvement in Georgia Football, my opinion, offensive line depth. Smart and Company working hard on building the defensive side. Mitchell just signed on, very good get. Think we are going to add not one but two more very good defensive backs.

James Cook has been mentioned on this board, referring to his talent. What better way to understand than watching the video below. Monty Rice gives an opinion based on wearing the cleats and facing Cook.

www.fieldstforum.com/2018/08/17/uga-foot...edia-after-practice/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 8 months ago #78815 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts 17-08-18
Dawgdoc...always good to hear from you... growing up in upstate NY ...many summers

Spent with my Aunt and Uncle in Southwest harbor Maine... many family members operated

Lobster boats.... I fished handlines for flounder...sold it to the tourists for .15 cents per pound

I Just enjoyed a lobster roll at Portland Headlight Lighthouse....bargain at $17.00. Times do change

Stay well

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds