Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

5 years 9 months ago #78729 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

I’ll add my two cents about Jake’s broken hand…..

“WE” dodged a bullet….. turned out to be a small fracture on his non-throwing hand….

Completely disagree with heads suggesting he wraps himself in bubble wrap… because it’s not fair to panic the fans like this two months in a row… fishing lure in leg… which was another dodged bullet..

These are teenagers …hot July days in Georgia… opportunity to get out on the water with friends …..

Parents… or those of us with good memories can recall some near misses when we were young…. I can ….

Let’s see. Would it been better to have him caught smoking weed…. Chocking his girl friend …. Riding around in a car with a pistol under the front seat…

Busted for underage drinking….. Credit card fraud …

I am sure you can name other deeds that would show far more lack of good judgment….. aka stoopid…….. than what he was doing…

Getting Itchy….. fall camp looming on the horizon…… like his for two pre-season camps…. CKS and staff…. Will separate the
wheat from the chaff…… best come ready…. Do not think you are going to catch up on HC’s time….. believe players understand that….. A very good thing….

Pause and give thanks…

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78730 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm with you, yankeedawg, but this isn't high school any more and there's a great deal invested in his being healthy. Things happen. All I'm saying is be more careful. Certain expectations have been set, and this is the beginning of the Georgia dynasty. We need all hands on deck (pardon the pun)

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 9 months ago #78731 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Always good to hear from you Limey.....agree use of care and caution applies....Ben Cleveland

Had a near miss in a automobile accident avoiding serious injuries... yes universities do have

An investment in student athletes.... crosses into a grey area.... when you start making restricting

Rules.... healthy dose of common sense is always a good thing also...

Stay well....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78732 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
He should be cautious with his assets if he wants to go pro. Not just for our sake, but because that is his ticket to fame and fortune.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

5 years 9 months ago #78733 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

LimeyDawg wrote: I'm with you, yankeedawg, but this isn't high school any more and there's a great deal invested in his being healthy. Things happen. All I'm saying is be more careful. Certain expectations have been set, and this is the beginning of the Georgia dynasty. We need all hands on deck (pardon the pun)

Recall you mentioning Demetris Robertson. Appears that we have a better than average chance of Robertson playing in Athens. When he signed with California Demetris said it was a hard decision at that time. Serious get as a wide receiver. Crossed fingers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds