Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

5 years 9 months ago #78700 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Summer as arrived….. toasty 93 today with high humidity…..

Heads are flapping about Rambo Hunter committing to FSU…

Sure would love to have him play in Athens…. However, recent history shows that while this was a setback… more positive things are ahead in our recruiting cycle…. Might have been as simple as feeling his chances of early PT was better at FSU….

Yesterday the team did their annual Camp Sunshine visit…. Meaningful experience for our players and coaches…. Supporting children battling cancer….

This summer feels different…as in… what is taking place with our team…

It was just a short three years ago we were hung over from playing in nothing bowls and watching someone else play and win the SEC..

Years of little confidence in our previous coaching staff will cause that to happen…..

After winning the SEC, Rose Bowl…. And playing in a Natty we are back
To getting very little respect …. Truth is I like being under the radar..

Me thinks Coaches feel the same way…..

We haven’t done anything yet…….

Time again to prove it on the field….

HC has stated… correctly…. We are a long way from where we need to be….. Coach has a plan and process to get us there….

Hey Growl….. need ideas for the 4th cook out…. please…

Been awhile….. Hey Greg….. I hope you and your fellow Vets are well…
Thanks to all for your service….

Braves still playing ball…. Summer dog days…will shake out the fakers…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend…. And a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78701 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
As always a great post, thanks Yank: You have been a faithful Dawg. I look forward to your post every Friday. Keep up the good work & faith. Wish I was 40yrs younger.
Bless you & GO DAWGS ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!! Doc

Member since 1999
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 9 months ago #78702 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks for the kind words Dawg Doc....I truly appreciate your thoughts over the years...you have

Some much background to UGA history.....

Blessings to you also..... Athens has been so good to me and my family.... traveled many parts

Of the country and they all have their special appeal..... but none have the same feeling as Athens.

Truly believe it’s because of the university...

Much truth to the statement....If it wasn’t for UGA....Athens would be another Winder.....

Stay well......GO Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78703 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Find it interesting reading a lot of the chatter concerning players choices to play football at different universities and their reasoning. Some FANS seem to have a problem when this or that person chooses to play somewhere other than Georgia.

From where I sit that is not a major problem. Football minds said the recent success of Smart and Company would limit many young men arriving in Athens. What finally happened in Athens was the competition factor had accelerated, that had not been the case for too long. I have little doubt that this group of coaches will continue to fulfill the wishes of not only the FAN base but gather those players that understand “competition” for playing time is real in the Classic City.

Presently we have a low number of recruits for the 2019 Class. Bet this, that will not last long. Georgia is rated among the top ten or five according to the rating services that I frequent. Will be interesting to see where the services end up when 2019 recruiting is over.

Like what I see, not too much to be disappointed about concerning Georgia Football. Could not make that statement a few short years back.

Little doubt that the University of Georgia being located in Athens is primarily the reason for the success of the City yankeedawg1. That is a good thing. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 9 months ago #78704 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks Buc for pointing out that our success has come so fast we are somewhat star struck...

Truth as you correctly pointed out is we or no university....even Alabama..will sign every

Player we Recruit..... however what we have done very successfully...is have a plan B...

Third cycle will be very important.... me thinks we will do just fine.....

Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #78705 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Georgia 2017 Football Team took a huge step forward with their “many” accomplishments. Coming back in the second meeting with Auburn in Atlanta, says a lot to me, not only our players but our coaches reversing the way we showed up for the second meeting.

Many in the press saying the Rose Bowl game was the best game of the 2017 Season. Freshman quarterback going toe to toe with what turned out to be the #1 player selection by the NFL. Leadership at the level Fromm gave/produced in 2017 still impresses me.

Still harbor some disappointment with some of the rulings by the officiating group in the National Championship Game. Hard to say whether or not UGA will return to the same “high level” exhibited in 2017.

Often mentioned on this board that a lack of player talent has never truly been a deciding factor when it comes to wins and losses. Those disappointing endings over the years are some of the reasons that other universities always seemed to get home grown talent to play out of state.

I have mentioned before and still believe that 2019 is a critical recruiting year if we expect to continue or come close to duplicating or bettering the results achieved in 2017.

Having a lot of fun getting under gator skins down my way. I am also aware that things are changing in Gainesville, Florida. Cannot think of a better group of coaches to do their job in Athens, allowing me to needle some down my way. There was a long spell years past that were a bit touchy for UGA folks in the Sunshine State.

Coach’em Up . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds