Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

5 years 10 months ago #78675 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Summer has arrived early in Athens….. Hot…muggy… side of sauna …

83 days until kickoff…. Fall camp in 50 something… ready… to get going..

Rambling thoughts….

Heard much about how we needed to adjust our play calling based on the personnel we had in year one…. HC and CSP stubborn … didn’t have the OL..to push DL around…. Yada yada….

HC and CSP put a process in place …. CSP coached the OL…one way..

IMHO it was to lay the foundation for second year… which we know was a vast improvement… OL learned and grew as a solid unit… that didn’t have start over in year two…. OL in year three… with more experience.. Road Graders…..

Given the results of year two I can’t fault the process…. True year one had painful moments…. And we beat Assburn when it counted the most… in year two… Much said about our LT last year playing out of position…. The process CSP put in place… help Wynn in the NFL draft

All our coaches took a giant leap forward in having our players buy into the process…. Early signs that this continues into year 3….

HC …. Doesn’t make changes without a great deal of thought and reasoning…. I know CKS is a task master to other coaches and players as well as himself…. We all wondered why we didn’t use our TE’s more..

HC .. spelled it out…. we needed them to block more…. Run routes less… year three…. HC and CSP feeling differently about

OL… and what they can do…. Wag… move your OC to Coaching TE’s and task him to get more production from that position….

I do feel year two with Fromm at QB will see him more comfortable with reading defenses and checking plays at the line… nothing beats game experience ….. still believe Justin will see early playing time…not just mop up…. If I were Musmchip I would be concerned that his old friend Kirby might challenge him to defense Justin on third down plays…

Hear me now…. Listen to me later…. This is going to be a fun team to watch grow and get experience …… as the talent gels….there is no team on the schedule that we can’t beat….

Enjoy the Belmont…. Buc… just know you have a deuce on Justify…. Be fun to see another Triple Crown winner…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #78677 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Dook...ouch. I know nobody cares about nothing but football and tennis down there, but that’s two tough losses.

Edit...just picking with you dawgs. One of my co workers asked if my Dad was okay after losing twice to duke. I didn’t know they were playing, and I know for sure he didn’t gaf... :)

More
5 years 10 months ago #78678 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Justify . . . . . yankeedawg1. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 10 months ago #78679 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc.....now becomes Big Bucks.... Triple Crown winnings....shopping for suite at Sanford..

I am available to drive your limo from the airport on game day..

Georgia Athletics has a Beech Queen Air For Sale....might be able to bundle a deal...

Under two hours Merritt to Athens.... several bloodies and you would be ready for kickoff

Always enjoyed knowing successful people....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #78680 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I have always been a history buff, love seeing history being made. Such is the the case in Athens with our football program. Beginning to get good vibes about our basketball program. Coach Crean does not allow grass to grow under his feet. We have had coaches in the past, both football and basketball that had a much different approach to both sports.

I really like winning yankeedawg1. ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #78681 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
That’s why we keep score...winning is not everything....however it’s way ahead of what’s in second place....

Article in today’s ABH...about Crean working the studentbody ....attendance......

Crean and Smart. High energy coaches...which does translate to players and fans....yup

Nothing has changed in Athens.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds