Forum

New Play Book

5 years 9 months ago #78659 by Buc
New Play Book was created by Buc
Lots of different thinking and predicting since Smart and Company arrived. Third year into the football program and not reading or hearing 8-4, 9-3, 7-5 season predictions. Those numbers were published almost every year prior to 2018. I am one of those that believed we always had a lot of talent, that is borne out when looking over our rosters prior to the one coaching change that made a difference. Not hearing a lot of lesser bowl chatter, quite the opposite . . . . Of course there will be those that warn us to be careful, not get our heads too far into the clouds. I say to that, why not. Not seeing a drop off in recruits arriving in Athens to continue what was started three years back. Appears to me the onion has been peeled back and what we ended up with was a sweet "Vidalia" onion that suits my taste buds. Wonder just how much extra income has been generated with the arrival of Smart and Company. Seem to remember the same play book being played out in Tuscaloosa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78660 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic New Play Book
Timely post..good stuff....... Heads trying to stir the pudding.... sleeper Chickens....

Week two in Columbia.... HC understands....fall camp #3...... real competition....real coaching.

Real results...... pups will show up ready to play.... teams who believe last year was a one trick

phony..... happy to have them think that..

Go Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #78661 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Play Book
"Another" good read by Jeff Sentell.

Particularly liked this comment made in the article by Nolan Smith.

“I love the way Coach [Dan] Lanning just talks to me,” Smith said. “Not the way he recruits me or anything. He makes me feel like there is more to life than football. I love coaches like that. There’s more to life than football and doing this and that and even the partying in college.

Remembering some years back when our coaching staff had a hard time "recruiting" coaches. One that continually comes to mind is the hiring of the defensive coordinator now coaching the gators. That hiring did not end well at all, on all fronts.

Kirby Smart not only knows how to recruit talented players, he has the same talent when it comes to coaches. Solid base is being built in Athens.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/n...ia-commit-recruiting
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78662 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic New Play Book
Sounds like a good kid.

I chuckled at the paragraph after the coach lanning comment. Young man will learn nada at any university about running a bidness, while being a pampered athlete. If you make some money from the game, stuff it in your mattress.

More
5 years 9 months ago #78663 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic New Play Book
Particularly like this comment from Kirby Smart on recruiting.

“Negative recruiting, to me, never works on the kind of kids and people you want in your program. Because if they're listening to that and they're buying in to that, they're probably a little gullible where I would much rather be very honest and open because you attract better quality people who respect the fact that you respect the other people in your league.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 9 months ago #78664 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic New Play Book
I’m going to say Jeremy Pruitt doesn’t feel the same way about negative recruiting. I’m thinking that ole boy will jump right down in the gutter...lol.

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds