Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

6 years 6 days ago #78519 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Some random thoughts on the recent hoops coaching search saga…

First again welcome Coach Crean….. much success ….open mind..

You will need time and fan support to move our program forward…

As I posted earlier…. Just like CKS’s first season was 24 months…long..

So is yours….

Like your energy …..

Can we turn “The Steg” into a hallmark college basketball ball destination …… the will depend on the product that takes the floor…

Without any question…the right marketing plan and a winning team would go far in making that happen…. If the student body as a whole were to back our basketball team in manner such as any ACC team.. it instantly makes us have a huge home court advantage…. Imho we could match the “Duke Cameron Crazies” (see our Dawgline at Sanford”)

Sense Coach Crean understands the need for a strong student body commitment…..

We know Scrooge gives CKS a wide berth….stays his distance..rarely seen in any photo ops together….. accident …..or by design ???

I think this pattern will follow with Coach Crean…

Scrooge can return to working on the quarterly department Office Depot order…..

Spring ball has started… new faces and new coaching assignments…

However… the very best news for me is…. Kevin Butler is still working

With our kickers….. extremely important as we start a new punter…

Spring is trying to appear…. Enjoying the green pine pollen… coating everything….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 days ago #78521 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I enjoy listening to Julian Rochester chatting with the media. I am one who believes Rochester found his way to Athens and was in for a huge surprise. This group of coaches are "serious about the process". Coaching changed in Athens, much like the weather . . . . from okay to very good when Smart and Company arrived. If Rochester has a big year, fully believe that most or all of the parts come together on defense. Ledbetter and Rochester are two players that have bought into the "process" as Smart and Company teach it. As Julian says in the video below, "we trust the process".

More
6 years 5 days ago #78522 by Buc
Some chatter on the internet about receiving corps for 2018. My two cents . . . .

Matt Landers will open some eyes and stretch opposing defenses that try to cover him. Matt Landers is an outstanding receiver, speaking specifically about his time in high school. Matt got Kirby's attention in 2017 on the Scout squad, that attention from Kirby and others reflects on a really good "next man up". Landers was big time in Florida high school football, will be a force in 2018 with UGA. Matt wins all "jump balls" in the endzone. Speed galore with other receivers, height and speed now with Matt.

www.hudl.com/video/3/4410382/589b889b02bb7a29dc32403f

www.hudl.com/video/3/4410382/5721ce6f0c5e681224a6d4dc
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 days ago #78523 by Buc
I believe this to be true coming from Kirby Smart . . . . Also believe players buy in to same.

Practice hard, play on Saturdays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds