Forum

Kirby Smart's Team Building

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78409 by Buc
Kirby Smart's Team Building was created by Buc
Kirby Smart receives a lot of pats on the back from many that have watched him recruit over the years. That also includes Alabama. Little doubt that Kirby has shown in a short time in Athens that he did not have to be attached to a winning program like Alabama to recruit at the level he has in Athens.

Takes me to this. Kirby Smart has been as good or better at recruiting coaches to join him in the Classic City as he was/is with players. Looking closely at Dell McGee, say this . . . . Kirby Smart looked closely and quickly lured Dell to Athens. As most of us now know, Dell McGee was voted by his peers and the media as the top recruiter in college football. That was not a guess by Kirby, do not believe Kirby plays a guessing game, Kirby Smart not only understands the value of top players, he values talent in the coaching ranks, Dell McGee is talented.

Glenn Schumann quickly joined Smart’s staff and in my mind, Schumann is and will be Kirby’s right hand man for some time to come. Every coach needs someone like Schumann on their roster. Over time I do believe that Glenn Schumann’s name will be tossed about just as Smarts name was when several colleges came calling. Schumann is going to have many victories in the recruiting wars, more so after some time spent with Smart and Company.

One thing is clear with Kirby Smart, man does not hesitate when making decisions. Thus far looking at the assistant coaches not hard to grade Smart on his decision making. Time to time I like to research the coaching staff as well as the players. This group of coaches are the best as a group that I have seen or studied over many years.

Not hard to believe that Smart and Company have successfully built a wall around the State of Georgia. With this group of coaches it is not just talk, their actions speak much louder than previous coach speak that all of us have heard before.

Not a lot to dislike about our current success with both coaches and players. Been a long time coming for UGA FANS.

Coach'em Up :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago #78411 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Kirby Smart's Team Building
CKS......he is a detail expert..... extremely focused.... key for me is he learned early on... how to read people...

I offer he is the picture of a person who listens to hear.....not respond..... which makes him a pleasure to work for and with...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds