Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

6 years 2 months ago #78307 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Less than a week to NSD….. I believe as several of our young recruits have stated…. We are not done yet…

Several fellow posters have stated it has taken a while for our success to sink in…..

In a short period of time there has been a major shift in our thinking…

About our expectations from our football team….

Gone are the ghosts and demons that followed Georgia football fans for decades…..

Returning to the subject of recruiting…. I agree that this is the first step in the process…. Not just recruiting stars but…. Finding the players that can best fill position needs….. no longer do we feel that we can’t compete in finding and signing players that will move our program forward….

Kirby is a great recruiter…but he also as surrounded himself with a group of assistants who don’t sit behind a desk wailing to see who calls interested in playing in Athens….

This group has a message of truth about their vision of Georgia football… and the process to get us there….
Gone are the smoke and mirrors…. Playing only coaches favorites…

We have stopped with the wholesale position changes for recruits because of recruiting failures…. Coaches will seek out position cross training to develop player’s talents…. In some cases it will bring PT sooner…..

Much discussion by the heads….. Georgia will slip… we may win the SEC East… then lose in the SECG…. Sound familiar ….

Who will fill the void of our departed experienced players…..

To all those folks….. I simple say….. Remain calm…In Kirby we “Trust”

College football coaches know that what happened with our program was not a fluke…. Results built on hard work….

HC’s …. dna does not allow him to coast and rest on what has taken place….. win or lose… it is all about the next game….. and getting better….

Looking forward to watching the new dawgs…. earning their stripes….

Growing pains…yup…. Expected……

How good will we be ?????

Same question we ask every year….. difference ….. current coaching staff…. And quality depth…. And……Building more
All the rest will fall into place……

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always… “GO Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #78309 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Little doubt that players make a difference on Saturdays. Also little doubt that Saturdays belong not only to the players and FANS, coaches more often than not make the difference in winning and losing, both on the field and on the recruiting trail(s). We have traveled those Saturdays for many years, enjoying the new approach to coaching/recruiting more than ever before.

When the young men lace their cleats come Spring, there will be a different tone and expectation from the way they practice and carry themselves. I do not fool myself into thinking that change is coming anymore, I am no different than some of the high school coaches, I know that change has taken place in Athens and all over the State of Georgia.

Coach'em up . . . . Applies now more than ever.

www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id...ens-recruiting-giant
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 2 months ago #78310 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Exactly Buc...

Change isn’t coming to Athens....it’s here

Spring ball and practice..... unlike anything the Classic City has seen..

Money says HC will make a basketball half time thank you appearance... issue a G game challenge

Also betting G game will be well attended.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 2 months ago #78312 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Yep, the quick turn around making it to the big game takes time to sink in.

The paradigm in Athens has been changed by Kirby Smart.

I'm liking it.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

6 years 2 months ago #78375 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Go Kirby! Lol...

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds