Forum

Leadership Needed . . . . Please

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78301 by Buc
Even when the Board has legitimate questions about McGarity’s decision making and lack of transparency, as Janet Frick did, they continue to act as a rubber stamp regardless. Where is the accountability? A profitable football team does not a healthy Athletic Association make. I can’t help but feel that UGA, as a state flagship university, is capable of so much more if we were guided by visionary, talented leadership.― Matt Cafaro

Copied the above text from the article below.

www.dawgnation.com/football/question-of-...-prices#.WnJC7nxOnIU

Often or on occasion McGarity and Mahogany Row are questioned on this board, from where I sit, damn good reason and apparently many outside of Dawgs.com have issues with McGarity and the Board.

Have posted this before and it will not be the last time . . . . Why does Greg McGarity make the amount he does? If anyone can explain that to me, would love to read the reasoning.

At some point there will be a faceoff with McGarity and Mahogany Row . . . . As happened with many alumni and one time football players on the removal of the previous coaching staff. This fact remains just that, a FACT. Had Kirby Smart not put his foot in the door in Columbia, South Carolina, this "shake down" would not be occuring. Said that, "shake down". McGarity reminds me of the deposed Athletic Director that was recently removed from Knoxville, Tennessee. As mentioned in the italicized/bold paragraph above . . . . I can’t help but feel that UGA, as a state flagship university, is capable of so much more if we were guided by visionary, talented leadership.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #78302 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Leadership Needed . . . . Please
Here are Matt's comments to the article written by Seth Emerson.

Matthew Cafaro · University of Georgia
Thanks for taking my question, Seth, and especially providing more information as to the difference between profitablility and high-revenue producing. That's helpful.

I think though, what I was trying to ask, and I may have done so inelligantly, was more along the lines of: if this reason is an actual reason, that the Bulldogs don't make enough revenue from other sports and that's why ticket prices are being raised, how is that our problem? Shouldn't that be Greg McGarity's problem? I believe it IS Greg McGarity's problem that our other sports aren't making as much revenue as they could, because he's a poor AD who makes bad decisions.

Given that, where is the accountability for someone who has not created more prosperity for individual teams at UGA (not just football), which is his job? Why do board members with questions continue to rubber stamp his decisions, knowing his decisions tend to not be good decisions (not firing Mark Fox, not firing Scott Stricklin, refusing to improve the Tennis Complex when he had the chance to do so 6 years ago, taking so long to approve the Indoor Practice Facility and only doing so after being embarassed by a football coach in the media)?

I guess that's more where I was going with the question. I think it's an important question on the mind of many in DawgNation, especially because McGarity seems to operate unilaterally with no apparent oversite from the Board or President Morehead, and it seems as if, regardless of how badly every other team performs or has performed since he became AD, he's going to be able to turn Kirby's success in football into a lifetime appointment as AD, when his work and leadership have proven to be subpar to disasterous in some cases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 1 month ago #78303 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Leadership Needed . . . . Please
My two cents....... Scrooge is the face and a puppet of the Row...

What appears as being a rubber stamp by the Row is not a endorsement of anything Scrooge does

But only confirming the wishes of the Row..

Both Scrooge and Coach Fox have jobs because that what are the wishes of the Row...

So far Row has kept Scrooge away from Kirby....

I am of The belief Kirby speaks directly to the Row.....winning let’s you do that......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
6 years 1 month ago #78376 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Leadership Needed . . . . Please
Ad I just a pawn. Kirby makes the big bucks and calls the show. ..Kirby makes ten times what the ad makes. It’s really effed up.... the boss makes a bunch of money, but gets the blame when the BOSS effs up. Lol.

More
6 years 1 month ago #78377 by scooby
Case in point...I have no idea who is the ad at THE osu, alibam, Vanderbilt, or any other facility of higher learning. Just know who the dawgs is and that HESUCKS because I check in here and know yins aren’t champion in lots/all sports. Except some event...just can’t remember....

More
6 years 1 month ago #78378 by scooby
Opps, I told a fib. I know the ad of unc ch is bubba Cunningham. Just remembered. Don’t like the guy, but got to acknowledge I know who he is. Big time athletics can eff up a nice university.

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds