Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #12

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77633 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #12 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It feels somewhat unreal going into the Tech game not having to wonder if some other team is going to help us back into the SEC East Championship…. I like it …. Something we can learn to like… a lot..

Yes … we want to think in terms of higher goals than just winning the East… however…. It is a key the opens the path forward….

What follows is thoughts and opinion which is the bulk of what is posted here and elsewhere….. at times we sprinkle opinions and observations voiced by others…. Laced with a fact or two…

Last Saturday Section 321 Row 19 Seat 24 at Sanford was occupied by myself…

Not that it’s a secret ..live in person football games at any level contain a bigger and broader picture that seen on TV……

Bet the ranch….. we have more than five plays in our playbook…

And they were used Saturday…. we did run a successful QB draw… for a first down… may have been a check by Jake or called by OC….. positive results regardless. Jet sweep and yes screen passes

Several long runs going to the outside….. Like Chubb’s 55 yard TD dash

Missing comments here post game…self included.. was the fact we ran on first down the entire first quarter …. And scored….. flipped to passing on first down and found success…… including a nice TD pass…… a sign that our OC can call passing plays….

On first down… Wow radical…..

Above was borrowed information from none other than Pouty….. thanks…

Sidebar…. Kentucky suffers from what we did under Richt…. Lack of depth….

How many times this year by mid-third quarter….. does our new found depth… kick in and we enforce our will on the other team….

No… didn’t happen with Auburn…. Also Notre Dame…..

To repeat myself….. if our OC was as bad as some have stated..

Why would…… Chubb and Sony return to repeat their first year troubles… # 1 QB recruit for 2018 …. Wants to be developed by our QB coach and OC… toss in the mix the #1 RB….. hmmmm…

Yes play calling has been boring to some….. wishes for a more spicy sexy offense featuring and long TD passes…..

Think HC addressed our TE’s this week…. Pretty much to his way of thinking…. Now we can choose to disagree…. Opinion ….

As noted here….. OC calls and runs what the HC wants….

Be it Bobo and Richt or…. Chaney and Smart….. Current HC wants to build a Better Bama….. and that is what he has set out to do…… look at his recruiting…. It spells his idea for the future….. and Georgia football…

Don’t think HC and staff plan to take the wheels off of Fields…

Myself….. take a deep breath of this rare air we are enjoying this season..

I sure didn’t expect this much improvement in year two…

Much better to have stubbed our toe as we did with a ranked team… leaving the possibility for greater things to come…..

No question we can play better…..imho more about untimely penalties and poor execution was our undoing against Auburn…..

which can be corrected….. true Assburn had a lot to with both….

Game played in front of a hostile home crowd….. growing experience for Dawgs…..

More chips on the table….. need to stay focused…..

Time to pay back the pesky bugs…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…..

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77634 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #12
I am sure we do have more than 5 plays. I just wondered why none beyond the 1st 5 were used against Assburn.

Enough of that though... I spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of alum in the family, and we always have our state of the UGA union discussion.

We all agreed that the Auburn game does not define the season, and there is a universal sense of huge progress with the program being where it’s at. Few expected 10-1 at this point, but there is a caveat. That caveat being this team can not lose to a .500 Tech team, and suffer its second straight defeat to the bees.

That would put a negative definition on the season. In short.. beating Tech is an absolute must for everyone to feel really good about the year. Do that and whatever happens in the SEC championship and bowl game will not affect the feeling of true change and progress. Lose to Tech, and doubt will creep back in again with wondering if we were just the beneficiaries of a weak schedule.

So at least from the perspective of that gathering of alum.. all of which contribute to the program.. where we truly are teeters on the result of this game.

What say you?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77635 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #12
Wart, I agree, lose to the nerds and the season switches back to the "here we go again" thinking... however, don't agree that we beat the nerds then whatever happens in the SECCG doesn't affect the feeling of progress.... if we get pantsed again in the SECCG then that means we're still not ready for prime time... not saying we have to win...a competitive loss or a win (obviously) would be my standard for turning that pesky corner we've been stuck at for the last decade plus.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77636 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #12
Wart..... to paraphrase.... we need to win the games we are suppose to...

Compete in all the games we play..... agree should we pull a messy up against the bugs..

The clouds of Richting would again appear.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77637 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #12
SD..... truth spoken....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77638 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #12
The Bugs, they are always a pain in the ass.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds