Forum

Where We Are

6 years 4 months ago #77612 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Where We Are
Had a flash back when I read this opening paragraph from Wartdawg . . . .

Anytime Fromm is unable to at least check out of the primary call is a recipe for disaster as that is the ONLY thing our play-calling has going for it; the ability for the QB to at least choose the better of two vanilla options.

Under the previous group of coaches, specifically the offensive coordinator and the now head of the Hurricanes, they can close to getting AM finished with football entirely.

Jake Fromm is the quarterback because he is much like AM before him. To me that is a very good thing. Freshman Fromm arrived in Athens with "some background" from "high school coaches" about the "game". Not seeing the same from someone making almost one million a year for the play calling thus far.

Tight ends remain in to block. Sends a message to the defense that there is a weakness. Auburn jumped on this weakness. Speaking of tight ends, #83 is one fine football player and person.

Lots of little or large things that have to be corrected. One thing to have talent when taking over a program, also a plus when the "attitude" of the players step forward. In my estimation many or most of the "talented" on the 2017 Team has stepped forward.

Not going to be surprised to see a "change or two" prior to 2018.

Alabama/Auburn . . . . Gus is faced with a quarterback that I believe will be the difference in the game. Gus Malzahn loses this time around to Nick Saban, the noise on the Plains will be deafening "silent".

Personally, don't need a rematch with Auburn, but if it works out that way, game might surprise.

I never overlook Paul Johnson. Like him or not . . . . he does real well with 2 and 3 star athletes. I would call that coaching. Does it from the sideline on one sheet of paper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77613 by Buc
Have enjoyed reading posts in this thread.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 4 months ago #77614 by Buc
Shout out to Martin Truex, Jr. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

More
6 years 4 months ago #77616 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Where We Are
SouthernDawg... there is a difference between “can” compete and “will” compete. when I say we have can, I mean we have the talent to do so and there have been moments where we did use the slants and other things we need to do to give us a chance against a team like Auburn.

Chaney is bad always... but that game was high water mark on the Chaney tide of badness. I think he’s one of the worst OC’s in NCAA football, but he has had better nights than that. i agree we were exposed, but I also think that game snow-balled on us. We are not as bad as it looked that night.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

More
6 years 4 months ago #77617 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Where We Are

Wartdawg wrote: SouthernDawg... there is a difference between “can” compete and “will” compete. when I say we have can, I mean we have the talent to do so and there have been moments where we did use the slants and other things we need to do to give us a chance against a team like Auburn.

Chaney is bad always... but that game was high water mark on the Chaney tide of badness. I think he’s one of the worst OC’s in NCAA football, but he has had better nights than that. i agree we were exposed, but I also think that game snow-balled on us. We are not as bad as it looked that night.

This is exactly how I feel. From what I’ve witnessed Chaney is generic as they come and I can’t for the life of me figure his game planning and play calling out! It literally drives me nuts! And why he hasn’t opened up the playbook and turned Fromm lose just blows my mind. I don’t have have to break it down to you guys, you all get it.

I keep reminding myself that I’m not at practice everyday so I don’t see the entire picture BUT it only makes sense to me to open up the playbook and allow Fromm to take chances, fail if he has to but the kid will learn from film. Maybe Chaney only has a third of a typical Big 5 playbook...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 4 months ago #77618 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Where We Are
I'm following this thread with a lot of interest . . . btw guys . . . THIS thread is what makes this site great - REALLY good football talk, agreement or not.

I'll say this. I don't think we're as bad as we looked against Auburn, and I don't think Auburn is as good as they looked. Having gone back and looked at the "game in 30 minutes", which has all of the plays without all of the stuff in between, we didn't stink up the first half nearly as much as I remembered. In fact, we had some pretty good plays, none of which would have come to mind without going back and reviewing the game. I think Auburn was up and we were down, and then we added to that problem with stupidity. Hopefully, it was an aberration. BUT, if it was a genuine reflection of how good or bad we are, then it is what it is and nothing - not even firing Chaney - is going to change the outcome of this season. Not at this late date, it's not.

I think we need more of a passing threat - it seems we are all in agreement. With Hardman, Godwin and Wims, along with Woerner or Nauta, and Chubb/Michel/Swift/Herrien/Holyfield, it's really hard to understand the lack of offensive production against Auburn.

I'll finish with this. I hope Georgia Tech is the ONLY football team that exists this week (as far as UGA is concerned). Otherwise, we may get a beat down this coming weekend. I'm tired of losing to them.

I'll worry about Atlanta NEXT week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds