Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday #10

6 years 4 months ago #77500 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday #10 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Where did this season go so quickly???

So many questions before the Appy game….. so many new ones came after it was completed…..

South Bend with a new freshman quarterback….. we learned there is a very even keel and a sharply focused feeling surrounding this team…..

Leadership……… players and coaches…..

All the buzz words and catch phrases did not apply to this group of players….

What you have is a team that understands that there is no letter I …. In the word team….. win on Saturday…. Celebrate Saturday night… rest and recover on Sunday….. report to practice ready to work on Monday..

No trash talk….. no bragging or showboating….. great deal of hard work to get to this point….. even harder work to continue moving forward..

Clearly this point is understood and embraced…..

Yes this is what we wanted in hiring a new coach….. some even believed we would win a Natty the first year… most wanted a return to GATA….

While being 9-0 is impressive… to me what is even more impressive is

The unity of or coaches and players…..

Several post in the pass have been about tearing down the old and building up from a new foundation…. A foundation built on firm footings… imho… that has been done… and has been done in a manner that will serve us well in future years….. we agree that we need skilled players coached by coaches steeped in beings teachers…..

Recruiting has never been better….. when you take into account we no longer shotgun but laser focus efforts to fill needs and build depth…

Every one of our coaches and support staff can and do recruit….. none of them sit at their desk waiting for a call from a interested recruit….

I also believe that it will take a very attractive job offer to pry away any of our coaching staff….. very high level of respect and comfort with the B-M building ……. Extremely important….. Scrooge take note…. Remain far in the background counting paperclips…..

You can list this under…… Culture Change….

Assburn is another urange team….. who I also have a strong dislike for..

Media loves them like Ohio State….. Guz is Urban Jr…..

I expect us to be focused and ready…. Just the right amount of goosebumps….. ignore the noise…

They will Stack the box like everyone else has done…. We will come at you very hard….. again and again….. gut check will be midway third quarter….

Chop some wood….

Get the win…. Shake hands …. Get on the plane and come home…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77501 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #10
Lot of chatter in the media about the two quarterbacks in the upcoming game. Quarterbacks count . . . . so do offensive and defensive lines. Line play on both sides of the ball in my opinion will determine the outcome. Nothing novel about that statement, comes from watching film and football for a lot of years. Going to be some "standstills" on both sides of the ball, sooner or later the overall talent at every position sets the game plan and pace while the game is live. Have to find those "areas" that can be preyed upon to win games. Could be called hide and seek. Practice all week does not determine what will unfold come game time. We know that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 4 months ago #77504 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #10
Yes this game will be won or lost in the trenches, something that we have lacked depth in over the last few years. Thankfully that is no longer the case. We have a team that should be able to hang with anybody as long as they remain focused. Great start to the weekend YD1.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago #77505 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #10

growl wrote: Yes this game will be won or lost in the trenches, something that we have lacked depth in over the last few years. Thankfully that is no longer the case. We have a team that should be able to hang with anybody as long as they remain focused. Great start to the weekend YD1.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!GATA

And now those trenches just got Natrez Patrick back . . . healthy, and hopefully anxious to make an impact . . . the D gets BETTER this weekend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 4 months ago #77506 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #10
This team is so far ahead of what we thought they would be before the year started that it amazes me. As far as I'm concerned everything from now forward is Gravy!

Great to have Natrez Patrick back Thriller!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77507 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday #10
Spot on Growl.... many were feeling that this was going to be another year of under performing

Then a nothing bowl..... filled with wait until next year.... we are having to get used to actually

Feeling good about being a Dawg fan .....

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds