Forum

Anyone else concerned about our one dimensional O

6 years 5 months ago #77394 by Getdown11
Not to take anything away from Fromm but I find it a little concerning. Yes we are running well and playing to our strength but how long can it last?

Can SC stop the run? Auburn? Alabama for sure. Is our passing game good enough to keep winning? Is the D good enough to keep the game close so that we don't have to pass to make up points?

Just a question I thought I would throw out there to you all.

Go Dawgs!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Getdown11
  • Getdown11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77395 by thriller
I'm not concerned because I'm not sure I would call our offense "one-dimensional". We lean on the run because we are averaging six yards per carry. We run the ball an average of 47.3 times per game, which (if you only count our top three running backs) comes to less than 16 carries each. That's why we have healthy running backs, and yet a HIGHLY successful rushing attack.

I understand your point though, and if we were UN-successful through the air on the only 17 attempts we make per game, then YES I would be concerned. But Fromm leads the SEC in yards per attempt (among actual QBs who play regularly), ahead of even Locke at Missouri, Etling at LSU, Stidham at Abuurn, and well ahead of Hurts at Alabama. He is tied at 13 for TDs with Nick Fitzgerald and Jake Bentley, but has half as many interceptions as Fitzgerald and only as many as Bentley. Fromm averages five more yards per game than Jalen Hurts, per game, but I don't hear anybody complaining about 'Bama being one dimensional.

However, I DO like to hear safeties dissing our QB and passing offense. It tells me that - weirdly enough - nobody is paying any attention to one of our TEAM STRENGTHS - yes, I said that.

So, long story made short, no, I'm not concerned in the slightest.

B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
6 years 5 months ago #77397 by growl
Dang Thriller, that was well said ! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77399 by ogredawg
We can pass if we have to but play to your strengths, OL has been a pleasant surprise so far, but meat of the schedule is coming up.....

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 5 months ago #77400 by growl
So right Ogre, just think what the passing stats would look like with fewer dropped passes, some with TD written all over them.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
6 years 5 months ago #77406 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Anyone else concerned about our one dimensional O
Thriller said it best... we can pass when we have to... just haven't had to a great deal yet... I'm just glad we've been using more swings, sweeps and slants

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds