Forum

From Athens-Bye Week Friday -1

6 years 5 months ago #77215 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Bye Week Friday -1 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

It has been a special week.....as is the rest of the nation ...Athens was feeling it....

I was at the Tech game last year...can still remember The deathly quite walking up the

Hill to the arch.. speechless crowd..... remember HC....not ducking responsibility....

It stops at his desk..... he simply stated that patience was part of the process.... and it would

Get fixed..... flash forward to the present..... process continues....culture change being redefined..

Coaches and players together on working to get better....not a bye week but a work week..fact

Arron Murray spoke out about things we knew were lacking under previous HC.....confirmation

Of what we thought..... best example....him looking to the sideline for help in the SECCG....

That was then....thankfully we can move on.....

Driving by the intermural sports complex on Millidge Ave. today I thought about last season and

How team had to be bused to and from practice while they built the IPF.....

Pieces of the culture change are many....truly believe having the IPF has provided a major change in

Our practice routine.....no loss to weather...no busing...available for players to use to self practice..

Ya think just a few field goals and pass routes we’re under taken before fall camp..

Again huge thanks to CJP....pushing the pile forward.... Bill King is also happy with the new restrooms and concessions at Sanford....A very good thing.....progress

We as Dawg fans are breathing some rare air....

Not talking Kool- Aid.......

Monday starts game prep..... more work to be done

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week ...

As always “Go Dawgs “

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77216 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Bye Week Friday -1
Adam Anderson commits to Georgia. HUGE GET. More on Anderson to come.

Kirby on the sideline tonight watching his newest quarterback recruit.

Good read yankeedawg1. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77217 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens-Bye Week Friday -1
I'm watching the Game also, me thinks we got a good un. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77219 by growl
That is an ugly injury I hope it doesn't affect his throwing motion in the future

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77220 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Bye Week Friday -1
Index finger on Justin Fields is not good, a break anywhere on the body is not good.

I draw this from watching the high school game last night . . . .

Two good football teams, saw a couple of players on the Dalton side that will play D1 Football. The game looked and felt a lot like a college game. Well coached, both sides intense, wanting the “W”. That is the way Georgia High School Football is played . . . . year after year.

If Justin tries to run the football too often in the SEC, odds increase that his body parts will take a beating. Not to be second guessed here, really like the fact that Justin Fields has “wheels”, better set than most high school, college and pro quarterbacks. Feel sure that SEC defenses will stop some of the “scrambles”, that however means defenses are playing the game differently than they do against pocket quarterbacks. My opinion.

Justin is blessed with not only a great arm, Justin has “touch”. Along with those qualities Justin is smart and motivated at an early age . . . . he however is still a “puppy”.

Several positions on our football team now have “depth” and that will show itself many times in the coming year and years.

Not playing on quarterback against the other, I am fully in the camp of Fromm and have no feelings of worry if Eason runs our team. From a FAN standpoint this is a great situation to have . . . . if it can be handled without having ill effects on our program.

Seems to me the main issue with UGA Football at this point is building the offensive line to a point where we can “plug and play”.

There are questions “out there” about Georgia and its success thus far. Understandable . . . . many of those questions will have answers prior to the SECCG.

Again SUPER GET with Adam Anderson coming to Athens, not to visit, to play. High fives to our coaching staff. Dell McGee is all that, college recruiting stats bear that out.

Go Dawgs, Coach’em Up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 5 months ago #77221 by growl
Really the thing that I saw from Fields last night that concerned me was his tendency to stand and look for a long time when passing from the pocket, didnt seem to pay attention to what was going on around him. I know this will be addressed, and its nit picking, other than that he looked good.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds