The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 6 months ago #77100 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic GAME DAY: VANDERBILT VS GEORGIA
I'm going to have a different take than most. I love Jake Fromm. I believe he is an SEC championship QB down the road.

But we are NOT beating AU or potentially Alabama with a QB who goes 7-15 against UT. Had Eason gone 7-15 against UT, we would be clamoring for Fromm.

IMHO, we will need Eason back in order to have a chance against Bama in the SEC title game. Eason can make the throws that Fromm will not be able to make against Bama. And as good as our RB situation is, we will NOT be able to run it down Bama's throat. We will have to have a QB who can thread the needle against Bama and go for about 300 to even have a chance.

Our OL is still weak compared to Bama's defense and they will shut us out if we don;t offer the potential to hit a 30 yard strike down field.

Which brings us to 2018......Fromm will never start a game in 2018 for UGA. It will either be a junior Eason with a freshman Fileds getting in on certain packages, or it will be Fields, and the other two are on their way out.

More
6 years 6 months ago #77104 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDERBILT VS GEORGIA
Way too early for me to get deeply involved in quarterback possibilities. Got a game in Nashville today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 6 months ago #77107 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: VANDERBILT VS GEORGIA
Buc..as always you cut to the chase..

Hear a lot of Coach Smart in your statement...

Stay focused....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 6 months ago #77109 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: VANDERBILT VS GEORGIA
I am excited yankeedawg1, like hearing the "troops" speaking to the media using the word "focused". Have heard that word used in the recent past and the words did not "match" the action I saw on the field. Really hoping to see a bit more from the offensive front today. Expect to see a lot of variations from a Mason coached defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77110 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: VANDERBILT VS GEORGIA

BulldogShannon wrote: I'm going to have a different take than most. I love Jake Fromm. I believe he is an SEC championship QB down the road.

But we are NOT beating AU or potentially Alabama with a QB who goes 7-15 against UT. Had Eason gone 7-15 against UT, we would be clamoring for Fromm.

IMHO, we will need Eason back in order to have a chance against Bama in the SEC title game. Eason can make the throws that Fromm will not be able to make against Bama. And as good as our RB situation is, we will NOT be able to run it down Bama's throat. We will have to have a QB who can thread the needle against Bama and go for about 300 to even have a chance.

Our OL is still weak compared to Bama's defense and they will shut us out if we don;t offer the potential to hit a 30 yard strike down field.

Which brings us to 2018......Fromm will never start a game in 2018 for UGA. It will either be a junior Eason with a freshman Fileds getting in on certain packages, or it will be Fields, and the other two are on their way out.

Part of that 7 for 15 has to do with a very conservative game plan, and before we go clamoring for Eason we may need to review some of his game stats... like 14-27 with 2 ints for a paltry 139 yards against Ga Tech.

Let’s not go around acting like Fromm has supplanted a guy who was regularly throwing for 300 yards and 3 TD’s. Now he did go for 300 against Vandy last year, and if I remember correctly we lost.

Not saying we don’t need solid QB play to win those big games, but maybe there is a different definition of solid QB play here, and there is no guarantee we would get it from Eason. If Fromm gets us to those games, I like our chances with him as much as I do bringing in Eason.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds