Forum

Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities

6 years 5 months ago #77078 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities
I'm looking forward to that one also Buc. On the subject of the QB question, I cant say that I blame Mason, any advantage is what he is trying for, and head games count.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77079 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities
Chief, Vanderbilt will not be the last head coaching stop for Mason. Learned a lot at Stanford, same can be said for this stop in Nashville. Mason in my opinion surpasses some that are presently head coaches at D1 Universities. Actually like what I know about the coach.

www.tennessean.com/videos/sports/college...rek-mason/106300018/
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
6 years 5 months ago #77081 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities
This game, for me, is the first time in years that I haven't dreaded gameday. I'm no longer worried about the letdown that typically followed one of our past stellar performances.

Now, that's not saying that there's a possibility of such, but Kirby seems to have a much better handle on the focus of the team. I think we'll cover the 18 points.

I'm amused at Masons concern over our QB situation. I would have thought he'd be more concerned about figuring out how to protect his, given our D.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago #77082 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities
Reading on other boards seems like everyone is afraid of FU.

I just don't get the love for FU they are over rated and I predict they lose 3 straight starting Saturday and they go 0 for October lol

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77083 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities
Lifted from the internet.

Smart has added a considerable amount of support staff since he was hired, continuing a trend that began late in Mark Richt’s tenure. It follows the Nick Saban model, to have as many voices and eyes as possible.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another trait that was introduced during Coach Pruitt’s stay in Athens.

Have paid particular attention to different blogs and what has/is being said about Richt’s dismissal. At the beginning of his departure many of the blogs were split somewhere around 50/50, pro and con. Now it is almost impossible for me to find more than a handful of folks that even mention Richt’s departure.

Reason for bringing this up . . . . again . . . . serious improvement was needed, just how much improvement we gained, will see in a short time. Short time to me is the same measure that SouthernDawg laid out, next three or four years. Think it was SouthernDawg that posted that, if not, my bad, someone did. Believe saying that meant being on an even scale with the Tide.

See improvements now, big changes that have put wins up versus losses. Even Alabama has fallen on occasion, occasion like the last game of the 2016 Season. Feel from here on out a lot of the wins or losses will be determined by injuries. Coaching seems to have improved from year one to year two in Athens.

Thanks again Kirby for mentioning Erk. Big in my household and friends of mine that remember where “Junkyard Dawg” and “GATA” originated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
6 years 5 months ago #77127 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Vandy, and Other CFB Oddities
We don't have many places where it seems we talk about "other" college football, so I'm going to post this here.
Now fellas I understand why we don't have an "other" college football section...because there is no "other" to us other than
UGA.

I did however want to note something from this past weekend. The pundits have been talking about how classy and awesome this
thing was... how magnanimous, and how respectful,.... and what a fine upstanding gentlemen would do such a thing...

Before I post it... does anyone want to make a guess as to what I am talking about?

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds