Forum

From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #76726 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All

Just a few weeks ago the heads were wringing their hands with their boxers in a bunch.

What's gone wrong with our recruiting for class of 18...

Cooler heads...stated....wait .. Good things are on the way..

Welcome..Elijah Moore....Azeez Ojulari....and...Kearis Jackson

Three four stars committed in one week...

#Rarebreed18..... just as sicem17 did.... class of 18 will fill out with talented players

Level of talent that is making its way to Athens has risen dramatically...

As NCDawg stated many times....get them to Athens and on the practice field...then you can get excited. Truth....

Enjoyed lunch earlier this month with Boss Dawg....we shared all the good points we have seen

Developing since our bowl game....his final statement summed up both our thoughts...

All that stuff is good...but it would be real nice to win some games.... agreed....

Looking forward to first Game Day Friday next week..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always Go Dawgs!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, GooseDawg78, Wartdawg, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 8 months ago #76728 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25
Showtime! Official Game Week starts Monday!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #76729 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25
Itchy.....

Love first game at night...

Want this To be prime time....... same in South Bend... time for Dawgs to embrace the big stage

Time for the boys of the south to go boom!!!

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 8 months ago #76730 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25
Proud to say I wasn't a hand-wringer about our 2018 recruiting.

I'm a UGA fan... patience is one thing I have in spades.

Something is missing though... I still haven't smelled that smell of football in the air yet.

It's coming though.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 7 months ago #76731 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25
As always thanks for the great read yd1. Every season like you all I get pumped for the start of the season and also the unknown, that's why college football is so damn exciting! This year feels different to me though. I'm not going to go out on a limb and make any stupid predictions like I do almost every year BUT I do think we will be 7-0 and ranked in the top 5 by the GaYtor game. That game may single handedly dictate the remainder of our season in a great way or a not so great way.

Our D should be lights out and maybe one of the best in SEC before all is said and done. Bummed about Parrish but hopefully he will be ready by the time we really need him, in the meantime I think Davis will get the job done. I expect BIG things from our D this season and I think TT, RS, LC and Dom are going to have lights out performances.

It sounds like Eason has been making huge strides which is expected with his talent level and if he gets protection, he will be better than most expect. We have 2 of the best backs in the college football and I think the Nation will recognize that sooner than later. Godwin and Ridley are primed to have excellent seasons and don't sleep on Hardman, Nauta will end the season as the best TE in the Nation undisputed! Like everyone I know our O line is still the big question. Only time will tell but I think the chemistry will be a lot better up front this year and I see that group growing into a solid unit.

Where we sit right now today because of too much uncertainty I don't think we are a NC contending team. But there is NO doubt that the talent is there to make some noise and who knows...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
6 years 7 months ago #76732 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts 8/25
What's up, bone diddlys??

Game week, ready for the night game...

Not big on predicting the season, but I'm not seeing 4 losses like a lot of folks...maybe 2, possibly a third close one.

Guess we'll know soon enough

GO DAWGS

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds