Forum

Recent events and a very early prediction!

6 years 9 months ago #76626 by thriller
I will start out with an apology to all the Dawgs here! I am sorry I haven't been able to stay on top of UGA football this year like usual. I changed jobs last year and the travel has been ridiculous. My "territory" goes from Hilton Head to Las Vegas. Maybe I can get in some recruiting!

My beautiful, dear, sweet mom also died a few weeks ago, so I haven't even kept up with the forum much lately. She was quite the Dawgs fan . . . so much so that she could only watch the first quarter or so, unless the Dawgs were blowing someone out. If it was close, she got too nervous and had to go do something else! :laugh:
Her life was a good one though, and she was completely up and about until her final day. She passed in her sleep, the way we all hope to go someday. The last words we had with each other, and I didn't think they would be the last, were "I love you". So I got great closure and my mom went to be with the Lord the right way.

However, things are getting closer to the season, so I wanted to put some thoughts out here.

My way too early predictions:

App. State - this will be a blow out, but not in the final score. We'll probably be up something like 31-3 until late in the game and they'll probably score two cheap TDs. UGA 31, App. State 17.

Notre Dame - Would someone please explain to me how the Irish are supposed to beat us this year? Seriously. They lost their QB. They return a bunch of starters, but from a team that went 4-8. FOUR and EIGHT!!! UGA 34, ND 10.

Samford - Puh-LEASE. Score = however bad CKS wants to humiliate Samford.

Mississippi State - Note to self: Dak Prescott no longer plays for Miss. State. UGA 28, Fake Bulldogs 17.

Tennessee - UT lost TONS of talent from "The Champions of Life" squad. Even in Knoxville, UGA 21, UT 13.

Vandy - Oh poor, poor, Vandy Dandies . . . we hardly knew ye . . . UGA 41, Vandy 6.

Missouri - It's hard to imagine something worse, something that nobody cares about less than a dumpster fire, but the Mizzou Administration has figured out a way. It's more like a dumpster fire floating in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. UGA 44, Mizzou 10.

Floriduh - The Gay-tors are the first issue I can see. And even without a QB (Malik Zaire? Really?), they will be tough. Until the Dawgs can beat the Gay-tors, I just won't believe. F.U. 20, UGA 13.

USCe - The 'Cocks suck. Muschimp can't coach in D1. UGA 27, USCe 21. But the game won't be that close.

Abuurn - They are supposed to be good this year. They were supposed to be good last year. This year, they probably will be. Abuurn 30, UGA 24.

UK - Last year was one of their "every-so-often-awesome-years". This year won't be. UGA 38, UK 21.

The Gnats - Pay back year, folks. PAY-BACK!!! UGA 35, GT 17.

Outback Bowl - Do you realize we haven't played Michigan since the mid-1940s? Weird. UGA 20, UM 17.

I'm not sure if that is a "let down" season or not. Honestly, I think we will challenge next year, and I've said that for the last two years. 2018 will be a very interesting year.

My pick for "break out player of 2017"? Terry Godwin. Mark that down. He has had raw talent that we've all seen, but I think he's finally put in the work to polish it. I can't wait.

My pick for "new guy who will make you believe in 2018"? Mecole Hardman. X-Factor. Mark that down.

My pick for "defensive guy who will go in the first round"? Maybe nobody. However, Trent Thompson and David Marshall are beasts. Mark THAT down. We will be able to stuff the run and push pockets back. And is John Atkins really still here?! BEAST!!!

My pick for "position that worries me the least"? I'll just throw out a blanket statement on a TIE! I will NOT worry about Running Back (Chubb, Michel, Herrien, Holyfield, etc.)?! And Defensive Secondary? We are wrapped up in it! Linebacker? Are you kidding me? Too many positions are too deep to worry about. I can't pick one. But RB is my LOWEST level worry.

My pick for "position that worries me the MOST"? Okay, like most, offensive line and wide receiver. HOWEVER. The O-line can't get much thinner than last year, so I expect a lot of improvement. And Chubb and Michel KNOW something, or else they were stupid to return for one last year. So I'm kind of excited. Kind of. And at WR? I'm telling you, between Godwin and Hardman, along with Chigbu and a few others, and I'm not even MENTIONING TE. So I'm saying, I think 2018 will be a special year, but I'm NOT saying 2017 won't be.

Just saying.

GOOOOOOOOO DAWWGS!!!!!! Sic 'EM!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• thriller
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76627 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Recent events and a very early prediction!
Thriller, I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was as good a passing as anyone could hope for. A very similar thing happened at my house with my wife's dad last December.

I like your predictions. Now let's implement them. :whistle:

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

6 years 9 months ago #76628 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recent events and a very early prediction!
Thoughts and prayers Thriller.... stay well.....Mom is in a better place...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76629 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Recent events and a very early prediction!
Sorry for your loss

Agree on most everything except the gheytors. They are over rated this year and we beat them up pretty bad and win by 24+
and Outback Bowl will not cut it with this talent. New Years 6 or bust

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76630 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Recent events and a very early prediction!
Sorry for your loss. May God keep you and your family.

We have an easy schedule and should win a lot of those games, including UF.

Biggest worry for me is our shadowy guy, STUUUUUUPID. Sometimes he plays, more often he's coaching (cough cough, Chaney). Thought for a while he had moved on as a special teams guru to sunnier climes, but it was clear he stuck around, appearing and making big plays against TN, Vandy, and the gnats. If we can keep ole' STUPES in the locker room this year, we should be fine. Team is sound, but show me some pitching and catching downfield and show me some steamrolling on the line. Those things show up, and stupid does not, and we're in Atlanta. We lose to 'bama, but it's a game.

But the best thing about college football is that it is highly unpredictable, especially with teams that move up or down during the year (or both.... Louisville). Can't wait. Hope springs eternal. GO DAWGS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76631 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Recent events and a very early prediction!
Agree Rockdawg.....need to suspend stuuupid for the entire season.....good to hear from you

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds