Forum

G-Day NEXT SATURDAY April 22

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #76421 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic G-Day NEXT SATURDAY April 22
Views..

It was hot.

Eason didn't look that much different than last year. He stared down receivers a few times. Some great throws... some less than great. He racked up some yardage, especially late but I am still a bit underwhelmed by his overall accuracy.

Fromm looked great... decisive.. pretty accurate and made good decisions. If you are a Fromm guy I imagine this performance bolstered your opinion.

Still seeing inconsistency from WR's.. Simmons first three opportunities were a drop, a fumble, and some alligator arms going over the middle. Stanlry dropped a wide open pass from Eason early on. Both game back to make plays but the inconsistency has to stop. Those misses are drive killers.

I also didn't see much from the running game, especially from the Red. I didn't see many creases
at all.Most of the good work was plays bouncing outside.

1st team D players looked pretty solid.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #76422 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic G-Day NEXT SATURDAY April 22
Agree with Wartdawg, Eason still looks overwhelmed, holds the ball to long, this is only going to get him sacked. He got a lot of yards, but his accuracy was terrible. From the matchup between the two QB's Fromm was head and shoulders better than Eason. Too many dropped passes by the receivers, a lot of times wide open. Hope our running game comes together this fall. We are going to need it. Who was the white boy at running back, #24 I believe, he looked good & has good speed & quickness to the outside. Oh well just another spring game, have to wait till fall to see what happens.
As always, GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999

More
6 years 11 months ago #76423 by Wartdawg
I guess the G-day game didn't excite many people.

Believe me... I completely understand.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
6 years 11 months ago #76424 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic G-Day NEXT SATURDAY April 22
Hard to get excited when you got a HC and offensive coordinator that know nothing about offensive football.

Big trouble brewing if that is our #1 offensive line.

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 11 months ago #76425 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic G-Day NEXT SATURDAY April 22
Work has become terribly busy, so sorry about the dearth of posting. Pretty much everything I could say has been said already anyway.

The O-Line is no better. THAT is a problem. The RBs could potentially even make up for Eason, but with no O-Line to help out, it's going to get ugly.

JE needs to get some work in. But that O-Line is hurting. :(

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #76426 by Wartdawg
I knew offense wasn't Kirby's thing and what I had hoped was that he would hire a young brilliant offensive mind and let him handle that side of the ball.

Unfortunately we got Cheney instead.

So I watched the SEC broadcast of the game off of the DVR, and I heard something pretty **** disheartening. In talking about our line and their inability to create creases for the running game, the announcers started excuse making.

I flippin' love excuses..

What they said (I'll paraphrase) was that everyone iust needed to come to realization that the days of having a dominant pile moving line were over. That was just a thing of the past.

Some hard but honest thoughts... not
trying to be negative, but I want objective honesty here..

Now call me crazy but didn't we get our o-line coach Sam Puttman because of his ability to develop that exact thing? The thjng the announcers said we had to accept was basically extinct?

Didn't we get saddled with Jim Cheney because we basically needed to bring him in, in order to secure Sam Pittman who was going to develop our earth-mover O-line?

I've got news guys.. if that is a thing of the past then we have the wrong O-line coach and the wrong O-coordinator. (I think we have the wrong OC anyway... no darn secret there). Sam Pittman is no finesse coach excelling in the zone blocking scheme, that's for sure and the plays in our playbook last season pretty much call for a line that can dominate. Our failures at line are why we lost to pissant teams like Vsndy and dang near lost to Nicholls. Our QB of choice, which my bet is Eason needs that sort of line more-so than Fromm because he's best at throwing the deep ball, can't create on the ground himself and struggles at mid-range accuracy... still.

Guys.. in my opinion if we don't have that driving knock 'em back line, then from coaches to players we are a mismatched group of pieces that have individual quality but that don't function well as a unit... from play calling to execution.

If that line is a thing of the past, then so are our offensive coaches and offense. IF that is the case, then those two better show some adaptability that they have yet to show, or we have another post Poop Bowl 9 win ceiling - 3rd place in the east sort of year.

They best figure that junk out over the summer, because it didn't look to me like they did in the Spring.

Without the line Pittman is famous for developing, we would be better off with Fromm and a change of philosophy in how we scheme our running game.

If not, we better pray for a dominant D.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds