Forum

Checking Out McGarity's Time in Athens

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #76359 by Buc
Start with a whistle, end with same . . . .

At some point and I suspect that time is near, those of us that care about athletics in Athens need to take a serious look at the lack of direction the Athletic Department, under Greg McGarity since 2010 is accomplishing next to nothing.

Whether it is basketball, baseball and yes football, McGarity is lost. Most know that McGarity has hitched his wagon to the future as an Athletic Director to Kirby Smart and the football program.

Georgia is a FOOTBALL UNIVERSITY. Often referred to as the “Golden Egg” by some of us, and that statement is the truth if ever it has been told when referring to our program/University.

See where Bill King in his article in the AJC today thanks the FANS and blogs for supporting his original “blast” at those that refused to take a close look at the “Golden Goose”, not just the “Golden Egg”. Bill King spelled out what needed to be said prior to McGarity’s arrival and actually before when the conditions were at best “bad”.

Any of us that believe that all of the “problems” that have gained front page headlines rest solely on the shoulders of McGarity are simply “wrong”. Mahogany Row seems to be used by more blogs now, was not that way for many years. Mahogany Row can and will find a way to stay far removed from those in the media and FANS when it is possible to play “dodge a ball”. They have been masters at that, however now the internet “forces issues” that once upon a time were only carried in “newsprint”. Now the FANS can and do speak out and are “heard”.

Restrooms and concession areas will be retooled prior to the 2017 Kickoff. My, my . . . . as Bill King repeated in his column today, “Squeaky Wheel”. Bill that term has been used on this board for years. Took some longer than others to find their way to “Sunshine”. Mahogany Row and “Sunshine” . . . . anyone’s guess is as good as mine. Someone opened the “blinds” and it appears the light found itself into a very dark room.

Say again . . . . What are the results of the Greg McGarity hiring? His title is Athletic Director . . . . right? A list of accomplishments under McGarity, non existant. Over one half million dollars a year, eh Greg . . . . :whistle:

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/dawg...egin-spring-practice
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76360 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Checking Out McGarity's Time in Athens
Having read several sites and some emails, I add this . . . . Changes in UGA Football that are now either completed, semi-complete or on the calendar for finishing . . . . Say this again . . . . Thanks Bill King and Jeremy Pruitt for speaking out. Sometimes or maybe should say most of the time it takes a "solid following" to get one's point(s) across to those that care . . . . FANS. Simple fact is both of those folks have changed "Georgia Football (Golden Goose)" with a few words of wisdom. Several folks that were in the background, both at the university level and media also now climbing on board, looking for that pat on the back. Bill King and Jeremy Pruitt moved away from the BS and are the ones that should get the "pats" on their backs. TRUTH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 1 month ago #76361 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Checking Out McGarity's Time in Athens
Absolutely....what you said... Buc

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc