Forum

Super Bowl Falcons vs Patriots

7 years 2 months ago #76213 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Super Bowl Falcons vs Patriots
That was just about as much crap as the other 51 years of frustration for fans.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #76249 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Super Bowl Falcons vs Patriots
Falcons gonna Falcon...

Up 25 points in the second half, Kyle Shanahan abandons run game only handing the ball off 5 total times once up with that huge lead.

1st down on the 22 when a FG puts the game out of reach, Shanny has Ryan doing 7 step drop backs and takes himself completely out of FG range and the rest is history.

I heard a lot of Falcons fans before the game saying we wouldn't choke.. that this years Falcons team was completely different... different cultures, different players... no way could you say there was anything similar to the 1980 Falcons who were the best team in the NFL that year and somehow choked away a huge 2nd half lead in a playoff game against the Cowboys...

No way could you equate this team to the 2012 Birds that choked away the 2nd biggest lead in Conference finals history to the 49ers...

... and then the Falcons went out and did the most quintessential Falcons thing ever and did exactly the same thing that happened in 80 and in 2012, except this time on an even bigger stage.

Brian Finneran reported Matty was screaming over the headsets at Shanahan to "run the GD ball".. it was reported by 2 others that Shanny was overheard yelling "I blew it" after the game.

It doesn't really matter now does it... all that matters is that the Falcons had the best chance they've ever had in 51 years... Being up 25 midway through the 3rd qtr is close to the best chance any
teams have ever had..

... and then they Falconed.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds