Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 2 months ago #76192 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

NSD 2017 is in the books and after a short breath we will start the wheel spinning for 2018.

As HC stated the work never stops.

HC and staff switch hats from recruiters to coaches….. with this new group recruits….

Beyond the hype of high school how will this new group learn and adjust to the SEC. It go a long way to how far we improve for 2017.

Many times here at dawgs.com we have pointed out how talent has been wasted and misused in the past within our football
program.

I trust hopefully with this group of coaches we can move past having that problem.

The clicks for kicks talking heads have picked up on why we are bringing in so many kickers….. CKS wants the ball on kickoffs put through the end zone for a touchback….. he will hold competition to find who gets the job… me thinks that this position competition will apply elsewhere …..hmmmm….. a very good thing.

In listening to Jake Fromm… I hear a young AM speaking… well mannered with very high football intelligence ….. agree he will make JE better….. fun…. G game this year watching him taking snaps….

I had a CJP quote pop in my head….. “You don’t get what you want in life….You get what you earn”

Just maybe we have a group of players who have a grasp of what that means….. coached by coaches who….do… also…

Rodent saw his shadow…. Six more weeks of winter…..yuck…

Enjoy the super bowl…… Rise Up Birds…

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend….. and a safe week

As always… “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76197 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Good read, again from Jeff Sentell.

Watched AM in high school, Stetson Bennett IV was a flashback to the way AM played before signing with UGA. Size, smart and a quick release. Bennett also has 4.5 speed, that can and often does cause problems.

Video worth watching. Also look at the offensive line that he worked behind. This young man loves to play football. Good move by our coaching staff.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/u...er-georgia-2017-haul
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76198 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Excellent point Buc..... never want by design to not have a plan B when it comes to having a

Clue if needed who is the next QB....injury ,leaving early or graduation ....

Kirby is going to be prepared... part of his process and coaching DNA....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76199 by Buc
yankeedawg1, with the talent that entered in 2017, there is going to be some serious competition come Spring. I fully believe the talent level rose with the 2017 Class, (understatement) :whistle: also know that there is talent on campus that will not give up playing time, if possible. This is what Smart and Company want, knowing that they are on the right track. One more class like this one . . . . Georgia is not going to be a team that others can look past. I do believe in the past that there have been other teams that understood the lack of depth in Athens and planned their game plan around players. Solid all around 2017 Class. Recruit one or two more classes like this group, there will be many :) :) :) :) :) on folks like myself and others.

Welcome Class of 2017. Much is expected. Never doubt that the true Georgia FANS will go to the wall for you. We just want to be competitive, and for too many seasons we lost our trust in the coaching staff. Might be speaking for myself on the last comment. Remember this, and I know that some players read Dawgs.com . . . . Last season our stadium (Sanford) was packed for the Spring Game. Fully expect the same this Spring.

Coach Smart asked for the FANS to show appreciation . . . . check the SEC Spring crowds below.

Coach'em Up has never meant more than it does now in Athens.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2...-attendance-figures/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 2 months ago #76200 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Year two...G game..... me thinks HC. will lay the challenge down to repeat the same fan effort

This year..and why not ...we ask that our team doesn't quit....fans have to stay the course..

April 22... Saturday..... Chubb and Sony came back... making my plans now...

We want to be like Bama.....then fan base has to Up their game also....

Go Dawgs..... Athens is changing in year two....fact....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76201 by Buc
Kirby asked the FAN base to step up, that happened.

Would be a nice move to reward not only the 2017 Class led by the coaching staff that has in a short time proven they believe all of the "chatter" prior to this group of coaches and have "chirped" about borders, finally happened.

Many or some top players chose different universities. That will happen in 2018/2019 and beyond. We will not have a huge hole that prevents classes like this group, the hole got a lot smaller when Smart and Company did more than sit behind a desk and wait for top athletes to come to them. Also did not allow "outsiders" to get an upper hand on "positions". Simple fact . . . . first time that we had a coach like Sam Pittman arrive and do what he did in such a short span. As long as Sam Pittman coaches in Athens, we will never again not consider where games are won and lost. Last head coach and offensive coordinator did not have a clue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds