Forum

Georgia #2 -- National Recruiting Poll

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #76036 by Buc
Really like what is happening on the Recruiting Trail.

n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017

Along with liking what I see on the 2017 list of players being recruited, have some thoughts . . . .

Several times in the not too distant past I have been excited about our recruiting. Not too excited over the end results of having top rated classes and wondering what went wrong with very talented young men.

Has that question been answered, this time around . . . .

Like to think so, but also have thoughts about the past.

Been a long time for any sort of "championship play" coming out of the highly rated classes.

Looking over our 2017 Schedule, also looking at the returning nucleus, which I believe to be very good, hoping the next step can and will be a solid improvement in "coaching". Talent once again has been recruited and this particular class seems to be loaded with talent that once upon a time found itself leaving the State of Georgia.

Do not expect to see all of the 2017 recruits playing when the season begins. This is where "BMOC" stuff can and sometime does enter into ego's and their practice efforts.

Do have this question . . . .

Did the firing of a head coach and the hiring of Kirby Smart make as big of a difference as many want to believe? Something is going on. Players returning for another year, Georgia players remaining in state.

2017 Season will as has been said, answer a lot of questions.

Go Dawgs :)

EDIT: Here is a list of young men in the State of Georgia that will be getting the "press" on where they will commit in 2018. This is Georgia talent. Appears to me that we have opened up to recruiting outside of our "borders", along with keeping talented Georgia High School players in the Peach State.

Not too hard to understand what the game plan is in Athens. Long overdue. My opinion.

n.rivals.com/state_rankings/2018/georgia
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76037 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Georgia #2 -- National Recruiting Poll
We have 27 days until NSD....... more surprises to come...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 3 months ago #76038 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Georgia #2 -- National Recruiting Poll
Want to compete with AL?

Step 1: Get the same level of talent.
Step 2: Coach 'em up

First time in a long time I've seen UGA take the first step. I agree YD1. Another surprise or two to come. Roster for next year looks a lot better than the roster for this year. Another class or two like this will put the disasters of 2010-2015 in the rearview mirror.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76039 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Georgia #2 -- National Recruiting Poll
24/7 has us at 300+ points overall just shy of Ohio State for #2. Getting over 300 is considered "elite" status by 24/7 which is very hard to do since they are a composite of all the rankings.

Great class coming in and the OL commits are just fantastic.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds