Forum

UA All America Game

7 years 3 months ago #76029 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic UA All America Game
Exactly Buc, when we get a couple top 5 classes in here, we will have much better athletes getting their start on special teams. Under CMR, too many walkons on special teams
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76030 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic UA All America Game
Absolutely ..... depth building.... better players on ST....earning and learning......

And.....more Savages. coming before NSD..... yup no change in our football program

No crystal ball prediction for 2017..... just working the process.. Go Dawgs.

Go Dawgs!

More
7 years 3 months ago #76031 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UA All America Game
Shannon, most here know that we were doing a lot of chasing our tail . . . . year after year. Never seemed to get the total product or a finished product on the field. Has been said on Dawgs.com often . . . . we were either good on offense or good on defense. Does not fly in the SEC, and quite frankly other conferences. List of young men that are coming out for football in high school, young pups with talent seems to increase every year. There is little doubt that many of the coaches in high school have progressed over the years with improved skills and better facilities to train in.

Should not say this but ;) . . . . Took those in the "Big Seats" much too long to build a Indoor Practice Facility. Should be named the "Pruitt Indoor Practice Facility" . . . . :whistle:

Seems that soon it will come down to "coaching". Coach Smart took a "big bite" out of the apple, many of us wanted that, but we also are not exactly (using a word that a while back was used here often) "STOOPID". Coach speak does not have a place in Athens anymore. Will not fly on Dawgs.com, bet that.

A thought Shannon . . . .

Lane Kiffin, head coach FAU, relocating in Boca Raton.

Mark Richt, head coach Miami, relocated to Boca Raton.

Interesting . . . . ;)

Lane Kiffin definitely got under Mark Richt's skin, and others while at Tennessee. 2009, Kiffin coached Tennessee to a victory over Georgia. Any guess who Kiffin's offensive coordinator was? Jim Chaney.

Saturday Oct. 10, 2009 Georgia Bulldogs vs Tennessee, Neyland Stadium.

Georgia Defensive Coordinator . . . . Willie Martinez.

Final score . . . . 45-19.

Many coaching changes . . . . there will be more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76033 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic UA All America Game
Love it YD1.....process. As some know on this board, I've mentioned the Ns process and how the books written about him have influenced me as a coach. I like the idea of process being here in Athens. I'm hoping that is why Chaney was so stubborn---building the foundation of power running and even though we didn't have the horses up front, by God UGA is going to show recruits the offense we are gonna run. At least I hope it is the reason.

On the local radio today , Belue isn't sold on JE like most are. Mentioned accuracy and "feel" in the pocket can't be taught (remind you of anyone named Fran Tarkenton talking about Vick a while back?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• BulldogShannon
  • BulldogShannon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76034 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic UA All America Game

BulldogShannon wrote: Love it YD1.....process. As some know on this board, I've mentioned the Ns process and how the books written about him have influenced me as a coach. I like the idea of process being here in Athens. I'm hoping that is why Chaney was so stubborn---building the foundation of power running and even though we didn't have the horses up front, by God UGA is going to show recruits the offense we are gonna run. At least I hope it is the reason.

On the local radio today , Belue isn't sold on JE like most are. Mentioned accuracy and "feel" in the pocket can't be taught (remind you of anyone named Fran Tarkenton talking about Vick a while back?)

YES.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76035 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic UA All America Game

Buc wrote: "Should be named the "Pruitt Indoor Practice Facility" . . . . :whistle: "

Haha! Yes, this!

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds