Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 4 months ago #75865 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Walking plowed ground..Again…. might happen a few more times before the start of our next season…
Much has been said and written about this seasons result….

Disappointment ….. Renewed frustrations ..many being the same as with our old coaching staff….. I can remember the displeasure voiced about OC…CMB.. Followed by last year’s adventure with Shotty...

Now we have a new OC which gives us an opportunity to continue our unhappiness…… or the more things change the more they remain the same…

I get it…..being upset about the losses…play calling… coaching…. Strength program… AD…..Blackout games…. Ticket prices….. noon kickoff….concession prices…. Parking problems…restrictions over tailgating….. kicking game….. pass/run defense…. ST play…. OL play..DL play…. DB’s poor play….

Yes I share the pain…. Feel free to add your special items of displeasure….. as a fan and a supporter you have that right…it’s yo
ur opinion……..

I was at the Tech game this year….. I have been to eight home games over the past 13 years…first loss…. Draining….could not believe how quite it got…. a ghost whisper… as 92K plus walked up the hill away from the stadium.

Simply stated we were not a good football team this year…… not fixing blame…. Plenty to go around…

Keep hearing about how much talent we have….. that was high school talent….how much grew into SEC talent and to what level…. IMO we didn’t have the supporting talent or depth needed to compete for the entire game…..coaching letdowns….

exception …Auburn…. Don’t know if that was us playing well or Auburn playing poorly….. me thinks a strong mix of both…

Since then been thinking how as fans we voice our expectations about coaches and players….. is it not fair to think that the players and coaches have expectations of the fans?

CNS called out the Bama’s student body for leaving the games early and how it looked like an attitude of indifference ….. seems to have corrected the problem…

At my age I only have so many more times to watch the Dawgs play….. Regardless of the competition or where or when the game is played… my unrestricted support will be given…. With a strong desire to watch the game

Much is different in the Classic City going into year two rather than year 17……. Yes we have heard it all before….. wanting to see improvement..

Sorry the process takes more than one season….. no question in my mind that many changes will happen before the start of next season…

I can’t crystal ball what level of improvement will come from those changes….. I have a strong feeling about our HC… that is he won’t be out worked….

Love CJP… what he did in the short time in Athens….. however he started with more talent who have been coached up for years by KS….

CJP…picked up and just kept on going…. Didn’t have to change culture or make wholesale changes …… He had a firm handle on the Bama way… natural choice to follow KS..

Athens will see overnight lows tonight in low 20’s… Ouch….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75866 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Everyone of us here only has so many games... so many seasons left to see.

... and it gets less with every passing one where we once again experience disappointment.

Speaking of which... it's one thing to max out your potential but come up just a tad bit short.

It's another thing entirely to know you never were what you absolutely should have been because you didn't max out that potential.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, growl

More
7 years 4 months ago #75867 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Started to post this article yesterday, thought I would read the BPS today before doing so.

Some have probably read the article, never hurts to read more than once.

I have several thoughts presented in the article, will see where this goes.

www.scout.com/college/georgia/story/1735...ve-of-so-much-talent

God Bless.
www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/...arl-harbor/85140338/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 4 months ago #75868 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Thanks for sharing the read Buc...... still moved by the "Arizona "...... having had the opportunity to stand on that scared memorial and read the names of who gave their life for country..

God Bless.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75869 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Can't remember, but don't recall any Army guys on here? For us Navy and Marines, disappointing that we had to sing first yesterday...good run of 14 years of singing second...time to start 14 more!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 4 months ago #75870 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Enjoyed the game, guys got after it. High fives to both Service Teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds