Forum

From Athens - Friday Thoughts

7 years 4 months ago #75839 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All.

First I want to acknowledge those who took the time to share their thoughts about the season after our last game.

The content posted here by several shows the reason we are the best site to hear and learn about Dawg football. Period…..
Over the years of posting here I have shared that I would not change our problems for anyone else’s in college football.

That feeling remains in place…..

These are just my observations in no order……

Over the past few years several noted HC’s changes in the SEC.

I remember the goose bumps when Ole Miss hired CHF…. Snatched a OT that we loved to have.. Eight years experience as HC four in Oxford…no SECCG… he lost to state rival game badly this year… less than expectations…..be curious how Ole Miss fans graded their HC

Pumpkin people found their man in CBJ….. 6 plus years experience as a HC with 3 in Knoxville he was able to match our rookie HC by getting beat by Vandy….

Folks in Fayetteville not feeling happy with HC with 10 plus years experience 3 years with the Hogs losing to Mizzuo …. Who also had a rookie HC…..

FSU beating the Gators…… another rival game gone bad for a SEC team….

These are not offered as excuses for our season just looking at issues that other teams are dealing with…. I am sure there are others…..

Buc thanks for sharing Loran’s column ….. CKS is known for his coaching ability on defense…. Logic says that will be our identity going forward. Been said by many….. defense wins championships….. wouldn’t mind being like Dikta’s Bear teams….

CKS is also an excellent recruiter….. who recruits to fill needs… a very good thing… he hit the ground running last Sunday beating the bushes..

We just added two = four stars to the 2017 class….. drive wheels just starting to turn on the Kirby recruiting express…. More will lineup by NSD to play in Athens…..

No marks for CKS this year…… next year at this time ….. yes

It is what it is…… starting year two….. way way better than starting year 17……. Me thinks…..

Roll Tide…….. money time in the Dome

Pause and give thanks

Have a safe weekend and a great week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 4 months ago #75841 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
It's really going to come down to how well a young team can do - one that includes lots of PT by frosh and red-shirts. Good and bad this year - will the percentage of good go up next? Encouraged by recruiting. Holloman and Herring are a big psychological lift after a spectacularly bad loss. Also encouraged by freshmen stepping up this year, especially on D Line. Could be monsters in a couple of years.

That said, we need a spectacularly good bowl performance to wash the taste of gnats from between our teeth. Mostly, I want to see max effort until the game is over, from both coaches and players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75843 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Hard not to be impressed with Jeremiah Holloman choosing UGA for his college football days.

Even harder not to be impressed with Oneida Holloman, Jeremiah's Mother for the time she spent during the "process".

Article below by Rusty Mansell provides the necessary details concerning the recruitment of Jeremiah.

georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Dream-led-4-S...-to-Georgia-49455718
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 4 months ago #75844 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts
Has been mentioned on Dawgs.com several times that "some" of us really like the fact that Coach Coley is in Athens. SouthernDawg understands that.

Hard for everyone to know or understand just how much and just how valuable Coach James Coley is to UGA Football.

Any Georgia Fan that thinks that Holloman just fell into our lap . . . . not so. What we have with Coley is a solid football coach . . . . understands x's and o's and that is a given. Great recruiter.

James Coley is a respected football coach in South Florida and elsewhere. Coley is a needed coach in Florida if Georgia wants to continue to have a presence in South Florida in particular.

Anyone that doubts that Coach Coley will not change the way our receiving corps moves forward, might take another look.

Questions about offensive coordinator, if for some reason we are not satisfied with our present offensive coordinator, Kirby Smart has a coach that could step in immediately and "produce", Coach James Coley. Coley I hope remains on our coaching staff.

Head Coach Kirby Smart is not a dumb butt. Many of the coaches know that our program is moving in the right direction, as do the players being recruited by this staff.

Has been said that we are losing several offensive linemen this year. They tried, they gave what they had. There is some talent in Athens now, did not get a lot of playing time, but these young pups know what they have to do to move up. Might be that I am lost in the bushes, but I do know this, there is talent that wants to play on Saturdays. What I think is missing is this . . . . We (UGA) have not in many years built "depth". Whether anyone wants to accept the current group of coaches after their first year, not all some . . . . might be that Mecole Hardman will be "all that" in 2017. I believe that will be how this shakes out.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 4 months ago #75845 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Friday Thoughts

rockdawg wrote:
That said, we need a spectacularly good bowl performance to wash the taste of gnats from between our teeth.

We're going to play some other "middling wouldn't be a bowl team if this was back in the 80s instead of the 2010's when everybody gets a bowl appearance" team.

Beating them in any fashion will not wash the bitter taste of the unacceptable Tech loss from anything.

This season is irredeemable.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds